Plugin Contributions

Default installing linkpoint module?

i set up my account with Cardservice International and i downloaded the newer linkpoint module and unzipped it to find about 15 php files. I am using filezilla to FTP my files to the server. I just have no clue where to put these files to properly install the module. any help ?

INSTALLATION:

The files are arranged in the same structure as Zen-Cart v1.2.x/v1.3.x - Upload them as such.
    I really don't understand what that means.

please forgive my noobness , i have never installed a module to zen cart before.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: installing linkpoint module?

OK well i decided to add all the files to the file path that's listed next to the file and that went well untill i got to includes\modules\payments\linkpoint_api.

there is no linkpoint_api folder , should i create one ?

thanks for all your help , this whole thing has been a really neet learning process for me.

Plugin Contributions

well i went ahead and created the folder and put the files in it.

I had one problem though the .htaccess file doesn't want to upload , when i drop it in the folder it has a bunch of ??????? in the file size and in the date. then it disappears when I add any other files.

Plugin Contributions

BTW i have been installing this under the public HTML directory . i hope that is correct.

Plugin Contributions

ok after installing without that odd file listed above i get this error when i go in admin on the cart and look under payment modules

Warning: main(/home/*****/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/snarkys/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 188

Warning: main(/home/*****/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/snarkys/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 188

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/*****/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/linkpoint_api.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/snarkys/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 188

Plugin Contributions

lol ok i fixed the warning and the module seems to be installed but the .htaccess file still wont upload , how important is that file ?

Plugin Contributions

ok its fully installed and seems to be working fine. guess i just talked my way through it : ) maybe someone else will find this thread of use when they are trying to do it.

should i be worried about the .htaccess file ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you did things just fine.

The .htaccess file may have actually uploaded, but since the "." in the filename usually means "hidden", it may not show up when you're looking at it with your FTP software.

The .htaccess is intended to help prevent people from browsing the linkpoint_api folder and stealing things from it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am decideing on which payment module to use. How have you liked using the cardservice international and linkpoint? I am condering using them. I assume they do full credit card processing for you? Can you set up where credit cards are charged after delivery? Also, is there a fee you have to pay when there are refunds you have to make.

Any feedback would be really helpful. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

This thread is for the technical details of installing a payment module, NOT for an opinion of the service. Please do not continue to ask the same question in multiple threads.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.