Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob905 View Post
    Maybe if you had told me that three days ago...
    Sorry but I don't have crystal balls.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rob905 View Post
    Maybe if you had told me that three days ago....

Like I said, it's hard to get a straight answer from some people.
    If I may interject here.. I see you got your answer elsewhere on the forum for the stylesheet question, but I don't think you have been provided FULL answer to WHY you had the issue.. I don't want to hijack this thread any further with stylesheet questions/comments.. So if I may in brief..

There are LOTS of IDs and classes in the Zen Cart code that may NOT be defined in your template's stylesheet. You just need to identify the ID or class and check your stylesheet for the cooresponding entry. If it doesn't exist, just create it.. (thus the answer you were provided today -- the entry was missing from your stylesheet so your EZPageTop links were picking up your global link styles)

Honestly I don't think that you weren't given a straight answer.. but perhaps the answer was given with the assumption that you understood the answer being given.. I understood the answer you were given two days ago, but again I've been hanging around here learning and absorbing for over two years now.. Hell every now and then I get an answer or two to a question that I don't IMMEDIATELY understand, but usually I get it sometime later..

The Firefox Web Dev toolbar that was suggested to you is a fantastic tool, and after learning about it (here on this forum) I find I can't live without it.. It makes CSS troubleshooting very very easy.. Once you get the hang of this tool, and keep inthe back of your mind that some ID and classes in the Zen code may not be defined in your stylesheet, you'll be cooking with Crisco!

HTH..

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=247
    If you look at this post and subsequent, in this same thread, you will see the location where to plant your modifications.
    So, a certain class of hyperlinks would go there.
    This would only be valid if the user is not using a template that has hacked into this.
    In that case, questions should be referred to the template's author.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. I am completely new to this stuff so maybe someone can help me. My website has some adult material. I was asked to place a bridge page between the category and the link. For example when you click on leather and accessories i need to place a warning that says "Warning" adult content 18 and over only.

I'm also new to the posting so i'm hoping i am doing this correctly

Thank you!
    Vanessa

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ckosloff View Post
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=247
    If you look at this post and subsequent, in this same thread, you will see the location where to plant your modifications.
    So, a certain class of hyperlinks would go there.
    This would only be valid if the user is not using a template that has hacked into this.
    In that case, questions should be referred to the template's author.
    Not sure if you were responding to my post.. BUt the highlighted paragraph caught my eye.. Even the stylesheets for the Classic and Default templates do not define every single class or ID used in the Zen Cart code.. Most of the major IDs and classes are defined, but certainly not all..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Like Candy View Post
    Ok. I am completely new to this stuff so maybe someone can help me. My website has some adult material. I was asked to place a bridge page between the category and the link. For example when you click on leather and accessories i need to place a warning that says "Warning" adult content 18 and over only.

I'm also new to the posting so i'm hoping i am doing this correctly

Thank you!
    Vanessa
    You should create a new topic for this since this thread is for questions on EZ pages, and it's somewhat clear your question is a bit off topic.. (I'd post in one of the "General" sections of the forum..

Good luck..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Not sure if you were responding to my post...
    It was just a generic post describing how to enter modifications for EZ pages in stock Zen Cart.
    Once you define the particular class you want, in your main or an additional stylesheet, you would enter the selector in the template.
    Let's take the discussed "a" example, wherever you see an anchor tag in the template you would enter <a class="my_class">bla bla</a>, and that would give you the appearance you want.
    Now some users might complain that this does not work for them, more than likely they are not using stock Zen Cart but a template, then they would have to ask for help elsewhere.
    includes/templates/template_default/tpl_page_default.php is the location of this template.
    Once you modify it you copy it to your CUSTOM template.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    this thread is for questions on EZ pages..
    Agreed.
    This warning is simply a category description.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

How do I create extra pages? I need to insert a link in each one of my product descriptions to an accessory page (just for that product). The accessory page will be formatted text - that's all, with a link back to the product description. There will be about 100 accessory pages, each linked back to it's unique product. Should I set this up with E-Z pages? I don't understand E-Z pages. The concept of TOC and chapters are foreign to me. I don't want to insert either reciprocal link in the header, footer or side box - just a ordinary link in the middle of the text box. Is there some other way to do this? I'm new, so please give detailed instructions in your answer.

Plugin Contributions

When you're setting up products in admin/catalog, there's a place to put in a URL for the product at the bottom. It could be a html page, uploaded to your server with your accessory info, and it will show on your product page.

That's what I would use, anyway.
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast