Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Thanks Betty

I have it now, but haven't yet had a chance to look at it. I'll let you know how I get on when I do.

Thank you Kuroi!!

(please excuse ot part of post)

btw just tried to pm you about that shipping mod I sent, but got the message that you can't receive any more pm's as your saved folder is too full.

Just thought you'd want to know

betty

Plugin Contributions

Wow. What a great little mod. Simply, unpretentious, but delivering the goods. I'm talking here about the CSS per page mod.

This mod expands the concept of targeted stylesheets to EZ-Pages. It won't create the stylesheets for you, but if you do that for yourself it will ensure that they get loaded at the right time.

Here's an example ...

Firstly you need to know the ID and possibly the chapter of the EZ-Page(s) that merit special treatment. You can find this out by visiting Admin > Tools >EZ Pages where you will find the IDs on the left and the chapter numbers towards the right.

Now you know what you're targeting how do you do it? Well, suppose you were running the Zen Cart demo store and wanted the background color to be red on the pages that explain EZ-Pages. These pages form chapter 10. So you would create a stylesheet called chapter_10.css which contained the line
    body {background-color:red}
    and place the file in your includes/template/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/ directory.

If in addition you wanted the text on the introductory page to that chapter to be in green, you would not that it has an ID of 1 and create a stylesheet named ezpage_1.css containing the line
    body {color:green}
    and place that in the same directory as before.

And that's it ...

... except that none of this gets in the way of doing what you might have done previously such as targeting all your EZ Pages together e.g. by adding something such as
    #ezPageDefault {font-size:120%}
    in a stylesheet called page.css.

Indeed, since the usefulness of this far outweighs any complexity in it's implementation, it's already been added to my base installation, and I hope that the Zen Cart team will consider rolling it into a future version of the official release.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi,

Thank you for figuring out the naming scheme. That is where I had gotten stuck.

I couldn't find a support thread by the author, however the post you just made would make an excellent intro post for the mod.

betty

Plugin Contributions

Eeeeekk...that mod was from me. Very sorry for the confusion on it's implementation. I'm good with pictures, not words

I made no formal support thread for the mod (sorry), just sort of followed up on a couple of threads of users that wanted this functionality. Promise - any further mods by me will be announced properly .

Thank you so very much for your fine, fine post up there, Kuroi (& for pointing me to this thread). I've recieved no word from confuzzled people, so I really had no clue that there was a misunderstanding on it's use.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by irischant View Post
    Eeeeekk...that mod was from me. Very sorry for the confusion on it's implementation. I'm good with pictures, not words

I made no formal support thread for the mod (sorry), just sort of followed up on a couple of threads of users that wanted this functionality. Promise - any further mods by me will be announced properly .

Thank you so very much for your fine, fine post up there, Kuroi (& for pointing me to this thread). I've recieved no word from confuzzled people, so I really had no clue that there was a misunderstanding on it's use.
    Hi Christine,

It's a neat mod and does deserve it's own thread

I know I should have asked you directly, however I try my best not to bother mod authors by pm or email, even when I should. I tend to wander around in the download section looking for new mods as I can sometimes find really great ones like yours that I didn't see mentioned in a post.

My only problem was figuring out the naming scheme and kuroi's post helped with that. I had also used your other mod, I just didn't realize until your post that you wrote that one also. Great stuff!

thank you Kuroi for contacting Christine, and thank you Christine for the mods.

betty

Plugin Contributions

Hi All

Joining the cry of - what the heck - how do they work!?

If you could look at:
    http://www.efe-gbnets.com/
    you will see that I have got the pages to show up in the header and footer but not in the sidebar which is what I would like!

In the ezpages I have all the settings the same. I would also like to use the chapters but don't understand how they work in the navigation scheme of things!

Thanks for all the help.

Rich

Plugin Contributions

1 is the sidebox turned on in the Layout Sidebox Controller?

2 Do you have the sidebox checked in EZ-Pages?

3 Did you assign a sort order to it? 0 = OFF
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Brilliant Linda no 1 did the trick. Covered every other possibility!

Thanks

Rich

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that turning on the EZ-Pages sidebox for the template that you are using in the Tools ... Layout Boxes Controller ... allows the EZ-Pages that you have configured for the sidebox to show ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well I have searched the forum and can't find the answer to this.. I need to turn off the "Home" link on the EZ-Pages footer.. I've looked at the "tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php" the file, and am not seeing anything that looks remotely like what I need to comment out. It's strange that by default this link does not appear in the EZ Pages header -- which is okay with me BTW.. I need to remove it from the footer.. I would rather use the EZ Pages function to create this link anyway...

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast