Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFurrFactor View Post
    The problem I am having with EZ-Pages is that I am trying to make one a photo gallery and don't know how...any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Tiffany
    Just write your gallery in HTML or find another gallery page similar to the one you want, paste it into the ezpage editor and tweak it to suite your site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spbennett View Post
    Can anyone help?
    Could you give me more details or a website to look at? Maybe I can help.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    You could, but that would involve hacking the information sidebox. It's easier to redefine each of the links in the information sidebox as an internal EZ-Page link and then add your additional pages to the EZ-Pages sidebox. This gives you much more flexibility to change your mind later and move a link or links to the header or footer instead.
    Can you explain how to do this? I am so confused. lol
    Also I have a question about TOC. Isn't that suppose to make the category heading for the sidebox?
    I am new to shopping carts and trying my best to understand everything.
    I want to have a side box that says my consultant links and don't know how to do that.

Thanks for any and all help.
    Sandra

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icyorchid View Post
    Can you explain how to do this? I am so confused.
    It's explained in the Internal Link URL section of this FAQ entry.

Quote Originally Posted by icyorchid View Post
    Also I have a question about TOC. Isn't that suppose to make the category heading for the sidebox?
    Not really. It creates a table of contents on each EZ-Page that the TOC covers. You can see it in action by going here.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

I must be missing something. EZ-Pages seem pretty straightforward but I don't see anything. I have the sidebox on, they are set to on in the admin under configuration, what am I doing or not that would leave me with nothing showing yet two items listed under easy pages? It must be something simple.

btw, what i am trying to do is build a text "guide" for people read as a reference. the website is www.thepearltrader.com

thank you

Jessica

I needed to read closer. Sort order needed to be greater than 0 unlike the rest of Zen-Cart.

whew! Glad that was easy.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dinosoup View Post
    Could you give me more details or a website to look at? Maybe I can help.
    Sorry dinosoup, been kinda busy lately. My problem can be seen here. You will see that the ezpages links in the header are all left aligned but the links in the footer are all centre aligned. My minor problem is that I'd like the header links to also be centre aligned. Also the "::" seperator in the header is black, but in the footer it's white.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: How do EZ-Pages work?

This post is not AFAIK related to any specific matter raised in this thread but it seemed to me to be a good place to raise my query - please forgive me and please redirect me if there is a more appropriate thread.

I have encountered a difficulty with EZ pages refusing to accept more than 65408 (or thereabouts) characters.

I have read a FAQ answer which suggests two possible solutions:
    1: split the text into smaller chunks and increase the number of EZ pages - not easy in my case
    OR
    2: modify the MySQL database so that the relevant field is changed from TEXT type to MEDIUMTEXT type, thereby allowing millions of characters.
    I have done the latter and find that I can save more than 65408 characters (or thereabouts) into the field, via PHPMyadmin, and view the result both in admin and in customers' mode.

BUT if I edit the text in the admin section (using any editor or Plain Text) when it contains more than 65,408 characters (or thereabouts) all the data in the field is erased. It isn't even truncated, it's completely erased. (Curiously, though, on a 'parallel' site, on a different host, with no tinkering with the database, the text DOES get truncated.)

Other than by increasing the number of pages, which I really don't want to do, can anyone give me a clue as to why the PHPMyAdmin WILL save the text into the database, but Zen Cart 1.3.7 won't??

If I try to save 65,409 characters into the EZ Page, the phenomenon occurs - it's not as though I am trying to save millions of chracters.

Plugin Contributions

I've read various ez-pages support threads and faq entries and have yet to discover how table of contents and chapters work. I'm sure it is simple mistake on my part and I'm missing one critical setting. I've set-up a number of ez-pages which display fine in sidebox, header and footer. Then later I added Jade's CSS dropdown header menu and disabled ez-pages header and added some ez-pages links to the dropdown menu (ez-pages which directly link to external URL's). The links show up in the drop down menu fine. So everything up to this point is ok.

However I have decided I want chapter next/prev navigation links display on my sidebox ez-pages.

I have set-up my ez-pages for TOC and Chapter (see below). However my sidebox ez-pages still do not display prev/next nav links. And I do not know how to access the Table of Contents page? Is a link to the TOC page suppose to automagically appear somewhere? Is there a special format of the TOC page URL?

Here are my relevant ez-pages settings...

Config > ez-pages settings:

Code:
    EZ-Pages Prev/Next Buttons 	2 	 
    EZ-Pages Table of Contents for Chapters Status 	1 	 

EZ-Pages Prev/Next Buttons - Display Prev/Continue/Next buttons on EZ-Pages pages?
    >> 2="Prev/Continue/Next"

EZ-Pages Table of Contents for Chapters Status - Enable EZ-Pages Table of Contents for Chapters?
    >> 1= ON

Tools > ez-pages

Code:
    ID  	Page Title  	Open New Window:  	Page is SSL:  	Header:  	Sidebox:  	Footer:  	Chapter:  	TOC:  	 

16 	 Our shop rocks 	Status - Disabled 	Status - Disabled 	0 Status - Disabled 	1 Status - Enabled 	0 Status - Disabled 	1 	1 Status - Enabled 	  

17 	 Our shop rolls 	Status - Disabled 	Status - Disabled 	0 Status - Disabled 	2 Status - Enabled 	0 Status - Disabled 	2 	2 Status - Enabled

Code:
    Title: Our shop rocks | Prev/Next Chapter: 1
    Internal Link URL: --none--
    External Link URL: --none--

HTML Content:
    Updated 25 July 2007 Thanks for visiting our shop rocks

Code:
    Open New Window:   No 	
    Page is SSL:   No 

Header:   No
     Order: 0
    Sidebox: Yes  
     Order: 1
    Footer:   No 	
     Order:  0

Chapter: 1
    TOC:    Yes 
     Order: 1

Is there something in the stylesheet I have to enable? Which code in which file is responsible for displaying the prev/next nav links on the ez-pages and for displaying TOC page(s). Possibly I have unintentionally disabled the needed code while customizing the shop (I have intentionally disabled prev/next from displaying on product listing and product info pages).

Thank you for any ideas.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

new question. probably asked and answered but can't find

"top of page" links?

Using Dreamweaver I've inserted html to link an image in EZ-page to the top of the page - using both a named anchor and just referencing # in the link.

In both cases, in both FF and IE the link takes me back to the home page.

Standard pages nothing fancy.

Any suggestions/explanations?

Thanks

Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast