Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Error on installation of Security Update 1.3.0.x of Aug. 16, 2006

The error message is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class base in /home/amerint/public_html/zencart/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 17

I am using Zen Cart 1.3.0.2 and just installed the security update from DrByte.

I have checked and there are no spaces in the bottom of my files.

I don't know what else to do to fix this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error on installation of Security Update 1.3.0.x of Aug. 16, 2006

When you made your fixes, did you or your editor make *.bak files?
    If so, please delete those backup files from the server (you may keep a copy on your PC if you like.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Error on installation of Security Update 1.3.0.x of Aug. 16, 2006

I am getting the same error and can not access my zencart now. I can not find any .bak files on the server.
    If at first you don't succeed, buy your competitor's company.

Plugin Contributions

Here is the line 17 that it is referencing:

*/
    class base {
    /**

Looks like there should be something after the { but I don't have a clue what it should be. Can you tell me the piece that I am missing?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

How exactly did you make your changes?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

In FrontPage. I know, they're evil but I don't know of any other method. I closed that { with } and I now get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VAR in /home/chalagi1/public_html/aela-badiana/zencart/includes/classes/class.base.php on line 22

Here is the code on my page for line 22:

*/
    var $observers = array();
    /**

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

there is nothing wrong with class.base.php

undo those changes.

Frontpage is not your friend.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you make backups of the 4 files you edited ?

Can you put them back? Does that cause the error to go away?

And then re-do them one at a time to see what causes things to quit working?

Plugin Contributions

I replaced the files that your security fix said to change and my site is now accessible. Before I start to make the changes one by one, I have a question about one in particular (could be the source of my heart attack this moring), I didn't find this line 101 on my whos_online.php page. I am at v1.3.0.2 but got there from an upgrade. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but figured I would bring it up.

includes/functions/whos_online.php (only applies to v1.3.0.2)
    line 101:
    Code:
    set session_id = '" . $new_session . "' WHERE session_id = '" . $old_session . "'";should be replaced with these lines:
    Code:
    SET session_id = :newSessionID
    WHERE session_id = :oldSessionID";
    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':newSessionID', $new_session, 'string');
    $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':oldSessionID', $old_session, 'string');

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I didn't find this line 101 on my whos_online.php page. I am at v1.3.0.2 but got there from an upgrade. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but figured I would bring it up.

includes/functions/whos_online.php (only applies to v1.3.0.2)
    Sounds like a step got missed in your upgrade. Perhaps you may want to grab the updated version of that file, apply the fix to it, and upload it.

I'm surprised you're not getting "undefined function" errors with that file being outdated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast