I was looking for a way to add more banner display groups to my clients shop so I could track clicks on home page banners that are the main focus of the home page. While looking around the forums I could not find any info on how to do this so I am sharing my sollution here.

By default there are 9 display groups:

Code:
SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1
SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET8
&
SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET_ALL
1. Now how many new Banner display groups do you want? This is how many inserts you will need to make into your 'configuration' table.

2. Open up your database admin.

3. Insert your new banner display groups into the 'configuration' table, set values as follows (all blanks will be auto filled no need to enter a value:

Code:
configuration_id:
configuration_title: Banner Display Groups - 'New Group Name'
configuration_key: SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET9  (The next set would be 10 and so on for each new group you add)
configuration_value: 	'you will be able to set this is admin just like other banner groups'
configuration_description:  	The Banner Display Groups can be from 1 Banner Gro... (you can copy this from an existing banner group not vital for it to work)
configuration_group_id: 19 (this may be different for some see other groups it should be the same) 	
sort_order: 75 (I started with 75 and went up from there this could be changed)
last_modified: 	
date_added: 	
use_function: 	
set_function:
You have now added xx number of new banner group sets good job.

4. In the admin go to configuration -> Layout Settings. You will now see your new banner display groups here and you can set the banner display groups just as you would with the preinstalled groups. Add your banners in Tools -> Banner Manager just as you normaly would.

5. Now to add the banners to your template you must enter this code in your template where you want each group displayed.

PHP Code:
<?php
//You will have to change 'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET9' for each different group you added to display the proper banners
if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET9 != '' && $banner zen_banner_exists('dynamic'SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET9)) 
    {
    if (
$banner->RecordCount() > 0
        {
           echo 
zen_display_banner('static'$banner);
        }
    }
?>
6. Your banners are now placed and you can track their performance.

See how I implemented it on http://www.aikenskincare.us. All of the main home page images are banners so I can track which ones users click on, very useful.

Hope this helps some people.