Plugin Contributions

Default moving the store

OK,
    I already have an online adult store (very basic) and wanted to get a proper shop so i signed up to a php/mysql host which allows addons, and got a different url with the hosting account (to put my jewellery store on after the adult one was done).

I thought that you could just add on new url's and thought it was gonna be a simple job to transfer the adult store from the new url to the old one, but when i went into cpanel yesterday and tried to do it, it wasnt like i expected. It says you have to create a subdomain to put it on.

In a panic i did a search on the internet for addons and it says that even though its on a subdomain you can still use the old url (myadultshop.co.uk)

my questions start now!! lol ..

If i do that and create a subdomain like adultstore.jewellerystore.co.uk .. will people who visit the jewellery store be able to access the adult store .. i really wanted to keep the jewellery store family friendly.

Will it just be a case of copying all the files in the public_htm/shop directory to the subdomain directory (i am assuming it will make a seperate folder for that) .. or is it not that simple ?

and this question is out of pure laziness really. I mentioned copying them because i was wondering if once all that is done, i could just go into the store that is still on the jewellery url and change all the basic details to the jewellery shop name etc, and just change the stock to jewellery ? or will that just screw everything up ?

Many thanks for any help you can give, and my apologies if i made your head want to explode as much as mine does right now !!

Erica xx

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: moving the store

if it's forcing you to add a subdomain, then you probably are limited to one (master) "domain" per hosting account.

I think the issue of getting separate usable domains to remain family-friendly is the first hurdle you need to cross.

Once you've got that established, get a copy of ZC running in both domains.

Then you can copy/move your store from one spot to the other using these steps:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Switch_Servers

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: moving the store

Thank you DrByte
    i've got all the hidden desire stuff off the site .. infact i have made the executive decision of closing down the adult side of my sites and focus on the family friendly one and opening a physical store too (i lurve a challenge lol) .. all that work haha .. at least i know the basics of how to use zen cart .. and i can refer back to the old answers when i get to that point again lol
    Erica xx