Plugin Contributions

Default Wholesale pricing by attributes?

Maybe this question belongs in one of the Dual Pricing threads, but here's my problem. . .

My client needs sells music CD's/downloads. They need wholesale pricing but would like to set it up like this:

CD's -- one level price for all wholesalers

Downloads: 2 pricing tiers based on wholesale volume (both prices different from the CD price)

I have Dual Pricing installed and it's great for the CD ONLY products, but what do I do with the products that have both available?

Heather (feeling a little dizzy just thinking about the pricing mess)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wholesale pricing by attributes?

Never mind. I got it figured out. The Dual Pricing module works great for this.

Have a great day!

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I have a client who will sell items with attribute pricing only - approximately 20 choices per item there is no base price on the item it starts at £0.00 and the choice they make determines the price.

so first choice is none, second is 1 meter @ 25p next 1.25 meters @ 33p etc

Can the dual pricing module be used to set seperate wholesale pricing based on attributes alone?

My head is completly fuddle over this - I know I can use either the qty discount module to provide a stepped discount or create stepped discount groups.

I want to ideally used a mix of group discounts for some customers and a seperate wholesale price structure - where a wholesales can login and see whole sale pricing but as the pricing only appears in the attribute drop down I do not know if this is possible - any help suggestions greatly appreciated before my head explodes.

I plan to use 1.35 ..

Plugin Contributions

I am using "priced by attributes" only and wholesale pricing with Dual Pricing module and it's working great for me. The wholesaler sees only the wholesale prices for all attributes. Our's is a little less complicated than yours (with only 2 attribs) but I can't imagine that it would be much different on a larger scale.

However, I am just getting ready to try using a qty discount so I can't vouch for how things will go with that, but I'll post my experience once it's done.

The real catcher is that I'm still using 1.2.6d (upgrade to 1.3.5 going slowly).

This thread helped me alot:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35450

Hope this helps,
    Heather

Plugin Contributions

Cheers heather - I thought I might have to go back a zen cart or two - I'll see what happens with 1.32 (with security fixes)

But just knowing someone else has done it and it is possible - plus I do have 1.26 as well and if need be I'll use that.

Thanks again :-)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    I am using "priced by attributes" only and wholesale pricing with Dual Pricing module and it's working great for me. The wholesaler sees only the wholesale prices for all attributes. Our's is a little less complicated than yours (with only 2 attribs) but I can't imagine that it would be much different on a larger scale.

However, I am just getting ready to try using a qty discount so I can't vouch for how things will go with that, but I'll post my experience once it's done.

The real catcher is that I'm still using 1.2.6d (upgrade to 1.3.5 going slowly).

This thread helped me alot:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35450

Hope this helps,
    Heather
    I would LOVE to know how to add wholesale pricing to attributes. I've added the dual proicing module, added the SQL patch (and verified that the tables were added), but I cannot see where to add the wholesale pricing for the attributes. Its there for the product, but not in the attribute controller.

Any help?

Thanks,
    DGC

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry this response has been slow in coming. I at least started a reply to you some time ago, but I guess I never finished it.

There is a "Trade" field under "Prices and Weights" in the attributes controller that appears after installing Dual Pricing. This is where you'll put your wholesole price levels separated by commas and no spaces (ex. 9.00,4.00,2.50).

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm so I might have figured out this a little bit. But I have ran into another issue.
    Let me explain a fake product and how I have it setup.

Say I have a product called "Paint Brush"

In the product I have it set like this:

Product Priced by Attributes: Yes
    Products Price (Net): 0
    Products Price (Gross): 0
    Wholesale Price (Net) 0 (do i do it like this since its priced by attributes?)
    --------------------------------------------

In the Attributes Controller it looks like this:

Attribute "Wood"

Prefix price : 8 (retail price)
    Prefix Trade: 5 (wholesale price)

Attribute "Metal"

Prefix price : 20 (retail price)
    Prefix Trade: 13 (wholesale price)
    --------------------------------------------

I have confirmed that when I am a Retail customer, I see this item as "Starting at 8.00" and with the Metal option as 20.00.

And that when I log in as a Wholesale customer, I see this item as "Starting at 5.00" and with the Metal option as 13.00.

However, when I went through the checkout process, it shows the retail pricing (depending on if I choose wood or metal) but no wholesale prices. All the way to the pay section. (I haven't bought an item but I am assuming that is the price it would bill right now)

Does anyone know if this is a known problem? Or if the way I set it up was done incorrectly? I know that with wholesale pricing you are supposed to put in the values inside the "Wholesale Price (Net)" but since i was doing it by attributes, how would i do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

I have installed "dual_pricing__wholesale_pricing_1-7a" in zen cart v. 1.3.9d. I installed all of the files and I am getting the following message after trying to install the sql patch:

"1054 Unknown column 'discount_price_w' in 'zen_products_discount_quantity'
    in:
    [ALTER TABLE zen_products_discount_quantity ADD discount_price_w VARCHAR( 150 ) DEFAULT '0' AFTER discount_price_w;]"

Any ideas?

Thanks!