Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this a vaild way to upgrade?

1. create new directory
    2. copy 1.3.0.2 FULL fileset into new directory
    3. create new database
    4. run zc_install on the new directory to build the cart and populate the new database
    5. make sure cart and admin run in new directory
    6. delete all tables and data from the new database
    7. drop backup of old database into new database (you make need to edit the backup to match the new database name.
    8. run Zc_install once more and select ONLY database upgrade on the third page.
    9. if you used a prefix before, add it on the upgrade page.
    10. Remember the username and password it asks for is the ADMIN and NOT for the database.
    11. Copy files from new directory to site directory (you may want to reintroduce any mods and adjust the template first)
    12. change both configure files to reflect the directory and database info
    This blueprint seems about where I'm headed except I'd like to get everything working in a paralell directory and then simply change the name of the new folder's directory to the name of the current directory and quickly put on the maintenance setting in the admin while final-testing the ecommerce account. The Wiki has a good explanation of this name changing so I should not get lost.

- I assume the admin area still has a maintenance setting for "under construction"

- I assume the database backup contains all the admin settings so this info will be carried over - yes -- ??

- My friends' store also has many, many mods from the 1.2.4x era ; I wonder if there is a succint listing of the mods that have been incorporated into the 1.3x Zen series --- ??

--- Along this line is the Book Product Category mod now a default part of the Zen 1.3x lineage --- ??

- I'll bring the image files over to the dev-directory to test the full spectrum of the site's products, as well as the template revisions of course.

Thanks for your patience trying to understand my process helping this non-profit with their wonderful store - If you have any support to offer about my questions above I would be grateful.
    /marco

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this a vaild way to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by oceano
    - I assume the admin area still has a maintenance setting for "under construction"
    Yes

- I assume the database backup contains all the admin settings so this info will be carried over - yes -- ??
    yes

- My friends' store also has many, many mods from the 1.2.4x era ; I wonder if there is a succint listing of the mods that have been incorporated into the 1.3x Zen series --- ??
    You can check these for feedback:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...index&cPath=40
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32545
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39238

--- Along this line is the Book Product Category mod now a default part of the Zen 1.3x lineage --- ??
    no - but the link above to the contributions area contains some updated renditions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading from 124 -- am I correct?

Well things have gone reasonably well. New test store is running and templates updated w/more css than before, - nice work ZC team, thanks!

but there are a few points of confusion while testing this fresh new install customized to look like the old existing - and still live store:

Question 1:
    Suddenly the Music products do not display the Artist on the product info page???
    (....Artist is set to display on in the admin > products > music product layout)

>>>> ALSO - Music products ADD-TO-CART button no longer is active, (making it a dead link essentially)

Question 2, (relatedly):
    Why would the old store (still live) stop sending in NEW ORDER emails to the webstore manager? Authorize.net still send confirming authorization -
    Nothing was really done to the existing store yet other than backup the database....so why no more emails?? Any clues, guesses out there?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Um ... #1 -- the missing information -- would be a bug.

in your tpl_product_music_info_display.php, you have:
    around line 116:
    Code:
    <!--bof Product details list  -->
    <?php if ( (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model != '') or ($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) or ($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) or ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name))) ) { ?>
    <ul id="productDetailsList" class="floatingBox back">
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model !='') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MODEL . $products_model . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT .  $products_weight . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    <!--eof Product details list -->
    change it to:
    Code:
    <!--bof Product details list  -->
    <?php if ( (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model != '') or ($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) or ($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) or ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name))) or SHOW_PRODUCT_MUSIC_INFO_ARTIST == '1' or SHOW_PRODUCT_MUSIC_INFO_GENRE == '1') { ?>
    <ul id="productDetailsList" class="floatingBox back">
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model !='') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MODEL . $products_model . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT .  $products_weight . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo ((SHOW_PRODUCT_MUSIC_INFO_ARTIST == '1' and !empty($products_artist_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_ARTIST . $products_artist_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
      <?php echo ((SHOW_PRODUCT_MUSIC_INFO_GENRE == '1' and !empty($products_music_genre_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MUSIC_GENRE . $products_music_genre_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    <!--eof Product details list -->
    This will be done slightly differently for the next release, but this is the simplest fix for the time being.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The add-to-cart for music products appears to function fine with demo products and default settings...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks that fix, tpl_product_music_info_display.php, worked great!

pushing onward now to update the book product section - i hope!