Plugin Contributions

Paypal credit card payment integration..

Hello,

I have installen zen cart and have a paypal Premier Account as to be able to accept credit card payments. I integrated them by enabling Paypal IPN in the admin of zen-cart. I also set my Instant Payment Notification Preferences URL on paypal.com to direct to ipn_main_handler.php on my webserver and in Website Payments Preferences (on paypal.com) I set my Automatic Return URL to point at index.php?main_page=checkout_process on my webserver.

Now i thought that I would be able to do credit card transactions with this, since as far as i understand zen cart now interacts with the paypal servers and they should accept the credit card payment.

I did a test with my own creditcard (which is not linked to the paypal account as such) and although on my website it seemed that I paid, nothing got deducted from my credit card and of course also nothing got into my paypal account.

I've been reading on paypal.com as well as zen-cart.com in the forums and the faq's, but i can't find anything that could help me further..

Are there any more actions that i need to take or more that i need to configure?? Does anybody have experience with the combination of a premier paypal account with zen-cart?

Any help is welcome!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal credit card payment integration..

Hello,

Yes I already found the answer. You have to go to the paypal website and from there you can pay by creditcard. It requires another extra click though, which I really don't like!

Since I only have 1 shipping option, 1 payment option (being redirected to the paypal website), and I also not neccesarily want to give people 2 times the option to give 'Special Instructions or Comments' my order sequence would be reduced quite a lot.

I therefore would like to put the 'shipping cost' directly under the cart, and that from there the button would directly lead to step '3 of 3' of the payment process. And from there the 'confirm the order' button would lead to the paypal website.

Every extra click the customer has to make makes it more likely for him to just close the window and don't bother about it anymore.

Is there a way of merging the payment pages or somehow skipping them (since they are already assumed)?? Does anybody know something about this??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

This consolidating of checkout processes is not built-in to Zen Cart at the present time.

It's a large-enough task that an entire version-release is being devoted to it. Version 1.5 will include the ability to have the flexibility you're asking for.

If you wish to do it yourself in the meantime, be prepared for a lot of development and testing time. It will require a significant study of the code

Rest assured that "we" want it too ... and it'll be done as soon as a few other things already under-way are completed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok thanks for the info.

A pity that its not here yet, but i would say; keep up the good work! This is my first time with working with a shopping cart and i've been impressed by the possibilities!

About rewriting the checkout process myself.. Although i consider myself reasonably ok with php (wrote several database driven websites and cms's) and i've been messing around a little tiny bit in php codes of zen-cart, i will not even think about starting to mess around with checkout processes. That is way way way out of my league!! :-)

Unfortunitily i will have to leave that up to people with more knowledge of it..

I will be waiting for future releases though!!

Keep up the good work!

ps. if/once i earn something with my future webshop, i will definitly do a donation to zen-cart..
    ps2. when is the projected release of these future versions of zen-cart?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In response to your first post, I just did some fresh testing with a premier paypal account for accepting both credit card and paypal-funds transactions ... and had no problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes. I already figured out though what was wrong. The thing is that i don't even have a merchant account. I thought the credit card payment would directly go to the paypal credit card payment. As far as i now understand though that is not possible (I read it in other posts..), or is it possible?

The thing is just that it looks so crappy now, that you have to click 3 times without any possibility to change something..