Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Simple Zen Template - Support Thread

Get it here.

The download includes the buttons, the images, the css, and the needed files.

I wanted to offer a simple and uncluttered option for a zen cart, without all the clutter. Of course you can add as many sideboxes as you want, and can keep the left and right sideboxes on if you like, but I prefer only having one side on.

Complete instructions are in the download. I would not be surprised if I forgot to include a file or two, so holler at me if it looks grossly different when you install it.

You can see it in action at: http://www.simplezen.sagefish.com

Feel free to ask any questions here, and let me know if you need any different colors for the gradient in the header.

I've already realized a mistake in my upload.. I added a link to the wishlist in my header, since I installed that mod, so if you're not using the wishlist mod, you'll need to remove that link. I'll add that to a subsequent post.

I have NOT tested this in IE, so can someone please send me a screenshot if things look whacked in IE.

Thanks and Enjoy!
    Last edited by Kim; 20 Aug 2008 at 10:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Zen Template, now in download section...

Nice template.

As you suspected, in IE, there is a visual problem on login/signup. One immediate parsing error showed up;
    Code:
    div.order_steps {       /* Is needed for the centering in IE */
        width: 100%;
        padding: 0px;
        margin: 0px;
        margin-top: 10px;
        text-align: center;
    }
    Add the semicolon(in red).

Being part of the login and something specific for IE, maybe that's to blame.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Very nice, clean, easy to read....like it :-)

Is there a version that has a simpler header, no clickable images?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy
    Nice template.

As you suspected, in IE, there is a visual problem on login/signup. One immediate parsing error showed up;
    Code:
    div.order_steps {       /* Is needed for the centering in IE */
        width: 100%;
        padding: 0px;
        margin: 0px;
        margin-top: 10px;
        text-align: center;
    }
    Add the semicolon(in red).

Being part of the login and something specific for IE, maybe that's to blame.
    Thanks for finding that error. Though that is not included in the template. The order steps is something I added for myself. Same with the split login. I added the split login mod, which has nothing to do with this template.

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm ... The header area in IE has clickable regions that don't match the images they apply to.

Guess I'll have to get on hubby's windows system and do some IE debugging (big surprise).

Plugin Contributions

You might wanna fix the link in the footer.

The URL is http://sagefish.com.com
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

How are you guys even getting this template to work at all? I installed on 1.3.0.2 cart according to directions.

First error was when I went to admin to select the template:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/xxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/includes/templates/simple_zen/template_info.php on line 1

I took a look at that file and everything was on one long line, so I removed the spaces on either side of all the = signs and returned after each semi-colon.
    That took care of that.

Now, I chose the template in admin and when I go to see how the cart looks I have this message in place of my store:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/includes/templates/simple_zen/common/tpl_header.php on line 1

I am looking at that file now and everything in IT is on one loooooong line. I haven't begun to figure out which "{" they are talking about.

How are you all managing to get this working?

thanks for any input!
    Signs

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DogTags
    Very nice, clean, easy to read....like it :-)

Is there a version that has a simpler header, no clickable images?

I'll give you instructions to get rid of that section totally, and how to also just make them text links only.

To get rid of the clickable image header altogether:

Step 1.
    Open up includes/templates/simple_zen/css/stylesheet_new.css and delete or comment out this section:

Code:
    #tagline ul{ 
    list-style-type:none; /*removes bullets from the list*/ 
    text-align:center; /*aligns the text to what should end up as the center of each graphical button*/ 
    } 
    #tagline ul li{ 
    display:inline; /*extra step to get IE to display link list horizontally*/ 
    } 
    #tagline ul li a{ 
    display:block; /*makes the anchor fill the list item so clicking any part of the graphical button will work, also allows the anchor to take a width*/ 
    float:left; /*the key to making the list horizontal*/ 
    margin-left:14px;
    width:100px; /*set to the width of each button part of the image, make sure the combined width doesn't exceed the total width of the navbar*/ 
    height:69px; /*set equal to the height of the navbar image. Using line-height, rather than height, will get the text aligned to the vertical center of the button*/ 
    } 
    #tagline ul li a:link, #tagline ul li a:visited{text-decoration:none;color:#333} 
    #tagline ul li a:link:hover, #tagline ul li a:visited:hover{color:#000;} 
    #tagline ul li a i{padding-top:50px; visibility:hidden}

/*end of top navigation buttons*/
    Step 2.

In the same file, just above what you just deleted or commented out change this:
    Code:
    #tagline {
      color:#fff;
      font-size: .9em;
      text-align : center;
      background:url(../images/topnav.gif) no-repeat 98% 70%; 
      height:80px;
      z-index:10;
    }
    to this:
    Code:
    #tagline {
      color:#000;
      font-size: 1.5em;
    }
    Step 3.

Open up includes/languages/english/simple_zen/header.php and change the define for HEADER_SALES_TEXT to either be blank, or to be a site tagline.

DONE!

To change the clickable header image area to be text links only:

Step 1. Open up includes/templates/simple_zen/css/stylesheet_new.css

and find /*beggining of top navigation buttons (shopping cart/contact us/my account*/

replace that section with this:
    Code:
    /*beggining of top navigation buttons (shopping cart/contact us/my account*/

#tagline {
      color:#000;
      font-size: 1.5em;
      z-index:10;
    }
    #tagline ul{ 
    list-style-type:none; /*removes bullets from the list*/ 
    text-align:center; /*aligns the text to what should end up as the center of each graphical button*/ 
    } 
    #tagline ul li{ 
    display:inline; /*extra step to get IE to display link list horizontally*/ 
    } 
    #tagline ul li a{ 
    float:left; /*the key to making the list horizontal*/ 
    margin-left:14px;
    width:100px; /*set to the width of each button part of the image, make sure the combined width doesn't exceed the total width of the navbar*/ 
    } 
    #tagline ul li a:link, #tagline ul li a:visited{text-decoration:none;color:#333} 
    #tagline ul li a:link:hover, #tagline ul li a:visited:hover{color:#000;} 
    #tagline ul li a i{font-style:normal}

/*end of top navigation buttons*/
    DONE!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by signs
    How are you guys even getting this template to work at all? I installed on 1.3.0.2 cart according to directions.

First error was when I went to admin to select the template:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/xxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/includes/templates/simple_zen/template_info.php on line 1

I took a look at that file and everything was on one long line, so I removed the spaces on either side of all the = signs and returned after each semi-colon.
    That took care of that.

Now, I chose the template in admin and when I go to see how the cart looks I have this message in place of my store:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/includes/templates/simple_zen/common/tpl_header.php on line 1

I am looking at that file now and everything in IT is on one loooooong line. I haven't begun to figure out which "{" they are talking about.

How are you all managing to get this working?

thanks for any input!
    Signs
    When I re-download the file from the download sections, and look at the files, they are not in one loooooong line. How are you uploading these files? What program do you use? And is anyone else having the same issue?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jade! Thanks for responding so quickly! First off, I guess I should have mentioned that upon seeing the template in action at your site I was sooo excited because it's the absolute BEST template (in my opinion) that I have yet to see.

That said, it's quite possible that the error is on my end, however I have lots of templates installed and none of them has given me any problems until now.

I d/l the template, unzipped it, FTP'd to my templates directory using overrides. I doublechecked everything and made sure I was doing it correctly. I use ACEftp Pro3 as my ftp program.

when I got the error message at first on the admin side, when trying to select the template
    I used Alleycode version 2.16.2 to open with. Alleycode is what I use for all php editing and it shows the number of lines (designated by a hard return at the end of each) to show the lines of code. It makes it simple to do edits on files which have a known error at specific line numbers.

However, when opening in Alleycode, both the tpl_header file and the template info file show lots of code, but all on apparently "line 1" as there are no hard returns showing. With the template info file I was able to edit in Alleycode, removing the spaces from either side of the = and putting returns after each semi-colon.
    I am not adept at php by any means and the fact that I fixed that one was sheer luck. When I looked at the header file it was waaay too much for me to handle.

Well, it was at this point I was going to post a screenshot for you but it had to be something gone screwy between the d/l, unzip, ftp, or opening with Alleycode that went wonky on my end. I was just going to get you a screenshot of what my editor shows and now it looks perfect.

I have no clue what happened and I apologize for seeming to have been dissing your template. That's not what I intended and leaving out any compliments in my first post was a gross oversite on my part.

Since it appears that all the code is in order I will attempt to install it again and report back on how it went. I feel like an idiot and I honestly don't have a clue what happened to the code on the last install.

Thanks!
    Signs

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast