Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales report 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by solosolera View Post
    I really like this report but I have found what I believe is another problem with this report.

Besides the “Goods Value” being the (order value – taxes) the report TOTAL is missing the taxes so there seems to be a tax issue in this report. Also the taxes that are subtracted from the “goods value” are taxes before any discount (I have a group discount).

As it stands now the report’s GOODS VALUE = (order subtotal – taxes (before discount)) and the TOTAL = (order subtotal – discount + shipping) no taxes.

I believe that the GOODS VALUE should be the orders sub-total only and the reports TOTAL should be the orders total (order subtotal – discount + taxes (after discount) + shipping).

Again maybe I’m misinterpreting how this report works so here is an example...

ORDER:

Sub-Total: $69.95

Group Discount: -$3.50

FL State and Local Tax (6.5%): $4.32

United Parcel Service (1 x 5.00lbs) (2nd Day Air): $11.93

Total: $82.70

This report shows:

Goods Value = 65.40 (should be 69.95)

Total = 78.38 (should be 82.70)

After several days of trying to figure out how ZC and this report work (I have very little clue) I made some changes to get that results I think the report should give me. Can anyone that knows how this report works and has PHP experience tell me if the changes I made are correct or if they will adversely affect the report in a manner that I’m not aware.

Changes to: admin\includes\classes\sales_report.php

I CHANGED :

Code:
    $product_price_exc_tax = ($product_price_inc_tax - $product_tax);
    TO:

Code:
    $product_price_exc_tax = ($product_price_inc_tax);
    I’m obviously screwing with some rules here by changing “$product_price_exc_tax” to equal “$product_price_inc_tax“ but the value used to get the “GOODS VALUE” seems to be "product_price_exc_tax”. So please advice on the consequences of this change.

AND BELOW:

// (goods + tax + shipping + gc_sold) - (discount + gc_used)

I ADDED:

Code:
    $order_goods_tax = zen_calculate_tax(($order_goods - ($order_discount + $order_gc_used)), $tax) ;
    To get the taxes after any discount.

Now the report gives me what I believe are the correct values for my scenario:

GOODS VALUE = 69.95

TOTAL = 82.70

Can anyone knowledgeable please let me know what they think or if maybe there is some tax setting in ZC that I’m not setting thus getting the results I was getting.

Thanks…
    I just installed SALES REPORT Version 2.3.2. I have the same problem with Goods Value subtracting sales tax. Isn't this a basic bug that can be fixed?

I am curious if your changes are working properly and if you ever received feedback?

I appreciate your help.

Plugin Contributions

Does the latest version of Sales Report, play nicely with Store Credit and will it display the figures correctly if a refund is made with zen vs 138a. Thanks Regards Renz

Plugin Contributions

I really like this mod. Can someone help me filter by shipping method? Also can someone help me get the report to display the tax amount for each order?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I want to clarify my last post a little.
    When I asked to filter by shipping method what I meant was at the top in Gather and Filter data you can filter by payment method or payment method to omit. I would like the exact same thing but instead of payment have shipping method.

Another thing is as I was completing my paperwork for the night I noticed that the sales do not add up. As an example order #98. He was charge for 2 items at $9.00 each. He picked them up at the store so no shipping cost. Fl sales tax is 7%. His emailed invoice was for $19.26. $9X2=$18 $18x1.07=$19.26 so emailed invoice was correct. However the sales report shows goods value $16.74, goods tax $1.26, order rec. tax $1.26, Shipping $0.00, discounts $0.00, Order total $18.00. This happened on several orders. Also I only have one tax which is Florida sales tax. So why do I see a goods tax and an order rec. tax? Shouldn't there just be one? Why are some of the amounts different on the same category?

I am running version 1.5. I have added the following modules tip_module, SalesTaxReportv2.1, edit_orders_v4.0, discount_1.11, and of course SalesReport310.

Thank you in advance for your help in understanding this.

Plugin Contributions

Shoot. I am really sorry. I wanted to include the .csv file so you could see what I am looking at and then forgot to attach it.
    salesreport.pdf

Plugin Contributions

Is there any support for this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like the questions you're asking are really feature requests in terms of changing or enhancing the data being reported on.
    Any adjustments you're looking for will probably require having a programmer look into the code and the data in order to deliver the adjusted output you seek.

As you say, the data in the store is correct, but the report may not be understanding the complexities of the way your mods work together or wasn't designed to report things the way you're looking for. And adding filtering by another set of factors requires someone rewriting the queries and adding the form controls to the page, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

@bseller, @southshorepizza -

Rather than changing the math in the salesreport, try the configuration option:

Configuration -> My Store -> Display Prices with Tax in Admin

I don't use taxes, but I modeled your situation and it seemed that in the function zen_add_tax in general.php, the tax wasn't getting added without this configuration option set.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent module! I have a few questions which I hope aren't repeats. I'm running the latest version on ZC 1.5.1, and also have Super Orders installed if it makes a difference.

1. We have two statuses which we regularly report on, shipped orders and confirmed orders (where payment has been received but the item hasn't yet shipped). With Sales Report I can see how to report on both individually, but being able to run a report with both status types included would be ideal. Is there an easy trick to get this set up?
    2. Relatedly, is it possible to add an extra column in the Product/Order reports to show the order status, to allow us to run comparisons without downloading and merging separate reports or being confused if 1. is possible?
    3. Is is possible to have a report which gives both products ordered and order references together? There would be some logistical issues with the display of totals where orders contain multiple line items, but it would still be helpful for my sales team.

I suppose my real question is how best to go about adding some custom reports of my own in order to avoid breaking anything. Any guidance or documentation pointers would be great, then I can start experimenting...

Plugin Contributions

Can't edit my last post now, but I've solved most of my requirements by installing the separate Export Shipping Information mod which covers #3 in my list and gives me the best of both modules to play with. The only remaining query I have is whether it would be possible to run Sales Report on two order statuses at a time (at the moment it's a dropdown, so I can't). It's certainly not a critical feature, but I figured it might be handy to know there's demand if it was ever considered.

Thank you for making such a solid module!

Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast