Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Don't see Media Collection

I created a Media collection in admin>Extras>Media Manager.

I edited the Collection by adding a media clip (browse+add).

I did the "Assign to Product".

But I don't see it on the Product Page.

Also, is there a list where I can see the media clip listed, so that I know it was uploaded?

Can you "assign to product" a media clip, instead of a Media Collection? It seems the only choice is to "assign" a media collection.

Thank U

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Don't see Media Collection

1. You must assign a collection to a product, not an individual clip.

2. Only products built with product-type "Product-Music" will display the media collection to the customer after doing the steps you described.

3. In the media-collection window (where you Edit and then can Add/Delete clips), you can review all the attached clips.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have assigned a collection to a product, not an individual clip.

I have products built with product-type "Product-Music" will display the media collection to the customer.

I see no clips in the media-collection window (where you Edit and then can Add/Delete clips).

I am assigning the media collection to a sub category. Does that matter?

If not, any other suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

I meant, I am assigning the media collection to Product in a sub category. Does that matter?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by benjames
    I see no clips in the media-collection window (where you Edit and then can Add/Delete clips).
    If you have no clips assigned to a media collection, then you won't see them in your store.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Setting up Music Products

1. Create your Music Genres
    2. Create your Media Types (these are the allowed file-extension types you will use for uploading files)
    3. Create your Record Companies
    4. Create your Recording Artists

5. Create your music products ... be sure to select the "Product-Music" product-type from the pulldown menu when creating the product.
    While entering the product details, you can select the Record Artist, the Record Company, the Genre, etc.

6. Create your media collections using Media Manager .... these are like albums/mixes of songs which can be tied to one or many products.
    * "Insert" to create a new media collection. Just give it a name, and click Save.
    * Click "Edit" and now you can add media clips to the collection
    o Click Browse to select a file stored on your PC, based on the selected media-type.
    o When you click Add, it will be uploaded to the Media Directory selected in the pulldown menu (by default, this is the "/media" folder on your server).
    o After each item is uploaded, you can click Edit again to add another clip
    * If you need to delete a clip, simply click the Delete button next to a given clip

7. With your media collection still selected, click the "Assign to Products" button
    * Choose a category and product with which you want to associate this media collection
    * You can assign more than one, simply by selecting, clicking Add, and selecting again, clicking Add, etc.
    * Collections are not limited to certain categories ... they can be assigned to products in various categories as required.
    * CAUTION: You need to be sure to ONLY select "product-music" products. The menus do not restrict you to this, but if you select products which are not music products, then your media collections will not be shown in the store.

8. Now your customers can listen to these clips online prior to purchasing your products.
    (You might want to ensure that the clips are only short but appealing sections of the full product, to cut down on bandwidth and theft.)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for laying out in sequence, what's required to list an mp3 file on my products page. I had high hopes when I saw your reply.

However, I've gone over your instructions many times. Followed them and still show no audio file on my store page. No audio file in my Media folder either. I do see the Products that I've created, on my store page, but no audio file. In the admin/media manager I see the products that have been assigned, but I don't see any media clips.

To add the media clips, I'm simply browsing my PC Desktop and highlighting an mp3 file, and selecting Add. I watch it load, via my bottom browser bar. But where it's going, I have no clue. Then I assign it to a product that I previously created as a "music-product". But it isn't showing up.

So, I give up. If someone has a suggestion or can offer some guidance, I'm open to that. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It sounds like the upload is failing ... likely due to a permissions problem.

Is your /media folder set to read/write ? ... ie: CHMOD 777 ?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, my /media folder was set to read/write ... ie: CHMOD 777 prior to attempting all the Media manager steps.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Most bizarre.

I wrote those steps above while literally walking through those steps one by one and writing what I was doing.

I'm assuming you're using Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 ?

If after uploading media, you are not seeing media added to the collections, then your uploads are not completing properly. This would likely be a problem in your server's PHP configuration and/or permissions on the /media folder (discussed earlier).

While I'm not certain what file-extension or MIME-type you were trying to upload, I did my documentation above using the default of .mp3
    Were you using something else?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast