Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Again thanks for the quick response. That did the job. For anyone else in the same situation, you might notice that the top margin is a bit off from the categories list in all browsers. The quick fix is very similar:

{margin-top:0}

All lines up nicely.

Rich
    [FONT="Georgia"]Rich Staats
    Your snowboarding, web designing, problem solving, social networking, trying to f' with eCommerce type of Guy.[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Am I wrong in wanting to have the manufacturers_info box display along with this list? e.g., when a manufacturer's link is clicked and the product list displays, I'd like the info box to display. Yes, I have the info box on and set to appear in the right column.

Perhaps I am just daft or it's been to many hours with no sleep...but as soon as I enabled the list sidebox, the info box quit working.

Tim Holder
    ------------
    Aging webaholic

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio53 View Post
    Am I wrong in wanting to have the manufacturers_info box display along with this list?
    Absolutely no reason why you can't. They're completely independent of each other.

Don't really want to sidetrack this support thread into questions about a standard sidebox, but do you have a link to a page where its not working so that I can take a look and see if there's a quick answer?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Ok, sorry, answered my own question. I discovered that the info box only displays with the product page. I _wish_ it would display for a manufacturer, but that discussion is for elsewhere. Sorry for the trouble.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio53 View Post
    I _wish_ it would display for a manufacturer, but that discussion is for elsewhere.
    No discussion needed. Here it is.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Newb question, I know. And yes, I am new to Zen Cart. But not PHP or CSS/HTML or anything necessarily.

I'd like to use this in a custom template. What code would i insert into my tpl_product_info_display.php override file to call this sidebox? I'm not using the column layout at all, and have gutted the aforementioned override template to suit my needs. I have installed this sidebox correctly, activated it in admin and have some manufacturers in there, but don't know how to write the code to call this sidebox within my new custom template.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chris1974 View Post
    Newb question, I know. And yes, I am new to Zen Cart. But not PHP or CSS/HTML or anything necessarily.

I'd like to use this in a custom template. What code would i insert into my tpl_product_info_display.php override file to call this sidebox? I'm not using the column layout at all, and have gutted the aforementioned override template to suit my needs. I have installed this sidebox correctly, activated it in admin and have some manufacturers in there, but don't know how to write the code to call this sidebox within my new custom template.
    Trying to make the sidebox work when, by the sounds of it, you've thrown away the code used to display the contents, would be a long way around.

Since you know PHP, etc. I would recommend instead using the sidebox module and template files from the manufacturers list box as an example and refacturing the core code into a template module with associated module file then just including it in the product_info file.

Plugin Contributions

its a great contrib!

just one question, would it be possible to clone this for browsing by style or by age etc?

and what would I need to do to accomplish this?
    thx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by R-Lo View Post
    would it be possible to clone this for browsing by style or by age etc?
    Yes for styles but it would take more work for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Lo View Post
    and what would I need to do to accomplish this?
    For styles you would need to clone the manufacturers table (though it contains some data that you could probably drop) and add a styles_id into your products table. You'd then need to extend the product maintenance modules in the admin to allow you to maintain the new field and similarly clone the admin manufacturers page.

Ages is more complicated as unlike manufacturers and styles you would probably want to search on a range. You could fix your ranges upfront and then the work would be the same as for manufacturers and styles, but that would be a poor solution. For monkeyshine.co.uk, we did something rather better.

On that site we added a minimum and maximum age to the products table and fields in Admin to maintain them. We then created buttons (which in a sidebox might be links) and amended Zen Cart's search page to take the selected age range as a parameter and filter accordingly.

Neither of these projects would be trivial and would require at least intermediate knowledge of php and Zen Cart and some basic understanding of MySQL.

Plugin Contributions

I just installed this addon with 1.3.8 and it worked perfectly, in case anyone is looking for this functionality with this version. Thanks kuroi!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast