Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

My style sheet knowledge is very limited and am mods challenged so please excuse me if this is a dumb question or already been addressed. I checked all 7 pages and tried a few different things but so far no luck.

I have added the mod and it works, but I have bullets. In addition to the bullets, the text is lined up in the center of the box. For the life of me I can not figure out how to get rid of them and line everything up to the left. I added the code from the help file to the bottom of my style sheet. I made no other changes to the style sheet.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

@loxly

You're very welcome.

@tammyt

Could I have a link to your site.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

My site is FairyDavis.com
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    I added the code from the help file to the bottom of my style sheet. I made no other changes to the style sheet.
    Those changes haven't made it into the stylesheet that is actually in use on your site.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Oh, okay thanks. I will look for the correct one.

Plugin Contributions

I found the correct style sheet and it workd!!
    Thank you for a great add on and the help!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, i'm using zen cart 1.3.8a and classic template. I'm trying to get manufacturers to display as an image, when i add the mod v3.0 this is what i get

Link to full size image click here

Any thoughts? Thanks, in advance.

Regards, Nicola.

Plugin Contributions

Never mind, i fixed it. For anyone else with the same issue just add this into your stylesheet

#manufacturerslistContent ul {
    list-style:none;
    padding:0;
    margin-left:0em;
    text-align: center;
    }

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicola View Post
    Never mind, i fixed it. For anyone else with the same issue just add this into your stylesheet

#manufacturerslistContent ul {
    list-style:none;
    padding:0;
    margin-left:0em;
    text-align: center;
    }

thank you very much for this fix nicola!

Plugin Contributions

OMG - you are a lifesaver.

I wanted to add something, if you all don't mind. As it stands, this mod lists the manufacturers in alphabetical order. My client wanted 1) images to show (which, thank you for commenting this out *very nicely* - it was easy to do that), and 2) he wanted images to show in a particular order, and have it be easy to change.

I managed to accomplish this *very* easily, and I thought I'd tell you all how I did it - in case anyone else wanted to do the same.

Line 32 is currently:
    Code:
      if (PRODUCTS_MANUFACTURERS_STATUS == '1') {
        $manufacturer_sidebox_query = "select distinct m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image
    I changed it to include the other tables - the one in question is getting the "last modified" date:

Code:
      if (PRODUCTS_MANUFACTURERS_STATUS == '1') {
        $manufacturer_sidebox_query = "select distinct m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.date_added, m.last_modified
    NOTE: I also put in the "date added" - in case you wanted the most recent manufacturer to show up.

then I simply changed two more lines....37 & 41, which were originally:

Code:
    order by manufacturers_name";
    and now they are:

Code:
    order by last_modified DESC";
    Now, all we have to do is just go into the "Catalog>Manufacturers" area, and when we want someone to show up at the top of the list, we just resave the info. (Adding a new one will also change the list, since it was the most recent one modified.)

Now...if only I can figure out how to use the *mini* icons we have for them rather than the HUGE icons we have, I'll be set ;) (But I can always resize them via CSS...so I'm fine either way)

Just thought I'd share! And thanks so much for the mod!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast