Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default oscmax to zencart convert, minor issue

hi all.

Last night I sucesfully moved the categores* and products* from an oscmax db into a zencart db. All categories and products are shown in both admin and in catalog view

I can turn on and off categories and products etc, however when I go to edit a product I get the following error (bnzen is the folder the zencart is installed into)

The requested URL /bnzen/admin/.php was not found on this server.

I can however edit the categories without any error, and from what I can see the rest of the functions outside of the products work as well.

Can anyone help me with this.

For the record. I hold a zip copy of zencart 1.3.020 and have used this same zip file (extracting it when I need to) for several shops that all function without error, so feel its not likely to be a file issue
    My only addon is Gallery addon and can be seen here breezy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: oscmax to zencart convert, minor issue

The requested URL /bnzen/admin/.php was not found on this server.
    Was .php with no file name a typo??

If not, many have had problems not specifically with the local files but with the FTP application used to upload...The free recommended app is filezilla and reported to be bulletproof.

You could try ftp'ing the admin files to your pc and using a file comparator, compare them to your original set. See if there was any corruption in the upload.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you make any changes to any of the settings in Admin->Catalog->Product Types ?
    I'm guessing that you deleted the handler-name for the Product General product-type.

Either that, or when you imported all your products, you neglected to assign a product-type to them and thus they're all unassigned. If this is the case, you could run this statement in phpMyAdmin:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_type=1 where products_type=0;

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok this is how it all went.

I use a db compare tool to compare all category and products fields from an oscmax installation with a zencart db

I managed to get them right so I culd simply import the data from the above oscmax tables into zencart.

I can an installation of zencart from scratch creating a new db at the same time.

The files I used came from the same zip file I have in the root of my host, I simply extract the zip file, rename the extracted folder to the new folder I want zzen installed into and thats it. I have used this zip file several times without issue, and have not replaced it at all (since it always worked)

After this was all done, I tested I could acess the admin no issues.

I then imported the new categories and products tables with the new scmax data into the new db for zencart.

In admin everything looks great (I just did customers and orders and they also look god except the £ is a ?)

But though I can click edit on a caegory and it works, If I click edit on a product it throws up the error above?

No file editing has been dne at al. The only thing thats different is the category and product tables came from a db compared file.

Im guessing thats where the issue lies.

Plugin Contributions

I have replaced all admin files, and also noted some differences in the db which I am adjusting.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Like I said, your products have product_type=0 on them. Change them all to 1, and things should be fine (since they'll all be of the same type):

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_type=1 where products_type=0;

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

lol, yup I ran that, no change, then I realised I forot to import the product types into the db so there were none, lol, did that, and all is working.

I am extremely pleased to be able to confirm that oscmax db - custmers (all tables) products (all) categories (all) and orders (all) are now working 100% perfect in a standard zencart db .

lol not bad for an hours work

Plugin Contributions

Anyne know how to get the admin to display £ instead of ? on the default admin page?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fix your currencies in Admin->Localization->Currencies.

Chances are you lost special-characters due to filesystem translation when you imported your database contents.

Plugin Contributions

Tried that but I can see that orders in the db also have <b>?5.99</b> so I need to figure out how to change that in the db without adjusting the values themselves in one hit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast