v1.3.5 Released !
Version 1.3.5 Released
IMPORTANT NOTES TO FOLLOW WHILE UPGRADING
These same instructions are in the /docs/whatsnew_1.3.5.html file in the download zip.
- SECURITY: Please be sure to review and apply the Site Security Recommendations to your site prior to taking your shop live. If you are uncertain about how site security applies to you, talk to your web host to ensure that you have proper measures in place.
- CSS-per-page coding changes may affect your stylesheet naming conventions. The naming for category pages now properly uses cPath, like: c_3_10.css, c_31_52_88.css, etc
- Stylesheet Change: CSS selector [FONT="Courier New"]#cartAttribsList[/FONT] changed to [FONT="Courier New"].cartAttribsList[/FONT] You may need to adjust some templates to accommodate the change.
NOTE: There are other stylesheet changes/additions. Please review the changes using WinMerge
- NOTE TO CLASSIC TEMPLATE USERS: IF YOUR SITE IS BASED ON the older Classic template, please note that the New Classic is very different. The new tableless "Classic Contemporary Green" replaces the old table-based "Classic" template. The folder is STILL named "classic"... so if your site is using a template named "classic", you will want to either skip upgrading this folder, or be VERY careful to not overwrite your changes.
This is likely a good time to build your own custom template, using a name other than 'Classic'.
- Company Minimum Value: If you have never altered your "Minimum Value" for Company in Admin->Configuration-> Minimum Values you may wish to double-check it. The default value for this used to be '2', and in v1.3.5, this minimum is actually validated. Thus, if you don't update this to 0, then you may find customers complaining that they have to enter a company name even for personal registrations.
- PayPal Users: If you are using the PayPal payment module, you will need to Remove and re-Install the PayPal module in Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal in order to take advantage of the bugfixes in the module.
- NOTE: for HTMLarea users:
The [FONT="Courier New"]/htmlarea [/FONT]folder has been MOVED into[FONT="Courier New"] /editors/htmlarea [/FONT]
You should move your old files to the new location before editing, as this will make things go a little smoother. Note that a couple files have changed in the htmlarea folder to accomodate the new folder path.
This change opens the door to allow for other editors to be integrated. Plugins are available in the downloads area for FCKeditor and TinyMCE editors. (TinyMCE works in Opera, while HTMLarea and FCKeditor do not, at this time).
- phpBB file rename. The file [FONT="Courier New"]/includes/classes/class.phpBB.php [/FONT]was renamed to lowercase for consistency across webserver platforms. If you fail to rename yours during the upgrade, you will encounter error messages saying that the file cannot be found.
- INDEX CHANGES While upgrading, several new indexes will be added to your products and orders tables. If you have HUGE products or orders tables, this may take a LENGTHY period of time. Please be sure to test offline before upgrading your live site.
You can download it here:
For a detailed list of What's Changed, see this forum post:
or view the What's New article in the /docs folder of the downloaded zip.
Last edited by Ajeh; 4 Sep 2006 at 06:43 AM.
Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate
Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.
By Absolute in forum Addon Payment Modules
Last Post: 15 Aug 2012, 04:20 PM
By newyorkcustomgolf in forum Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3.x
Last Post: 4 Aug 2006, 12:56 PM
By DrByte in forum Bug Reports
Last Post: 23 Jun 2006, 12:24 AM
By DrByte in forum Zen Cart Release Announcements
Last Post: 22 Jun 2006, 01:55 AM
Content and Graphics Copyright (c) 2003 - 2013 Zen Ventures, LLC - all rights reserved
Zen Cart® is a Registered Trademark of Zen Ventures, LLC