Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How can I multiply cost by quanity THEN add on an attribute cost without multiplying

Hi

The site I am developing sells curtains. For each curtain I have attribute Height with a selection of heights each costed differently. The cost of a curtain is per 0.1m width. So I have changed the quantity box to be called width, so to order a larger width you enter the width in the quantity box and it multiplies it. This of course multiplies the cost of the height purchased too.

BUT
    I also have an attribute I want applied to each curtain, not each width. So no matter what width you choose it should only add on this extra attribute once as in fact you are buying one curtain (with multiple widths).

But it doesnt, it multiplies this additional attribute by the number you enter in width.

So if you understand what I am on about does anyone know how I can have the height attributes, then a text box I can enter a width which mulitplies the cost chosen for hight, and after that add on the cost for another attribute?

I suppose an easy way to describe it is an attribute which can be added to a product once no matter how many of those products you choose.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I multiply cost by quanity THEN add on an attribute cost without multiply

Ah, I think I figured it out. I removed the price for the added attribute to be charged once and added the price in as a One Time charge. Think this is working.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I multiply cost by quanity THEN add on an attribute cost without multiply

Thanks for the update ...

The attributes give many methods to compute a price from:

per attribute
    one time per product
    price factor of the products_price
    one time price factor of the products_price
    attribute qty discount prices

Combinations of these can acheive some remarkably intuative as well as creative pricing methods to meet most any need ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Actually the problem now is the "Starting From" price disappears and there is no prodict price when using this One Time Only charge for one attribute! Does anyone know how to get this back in??

Plugin Contributions

Sorry we cross posted, ignore my last post, there was another attribute set to £0 which made the Starting From price be £0 so this confused me!

Yes I think getting to know the attribute functions a lot more will acheive great results Ajeh. I am a bit new to these advanced functions so couldn't figure it out!

Plugin Contributions

Not a problem ...

Your questions and even self answers help others ... the more the merrier!
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Actually I think I have made a mistake and that the solution I stated is NOT working. Either it was working and now it isn;t or I misinterpreted the results. But what I am seeing now is I have the one-time charge applied but this is still getting multipled by the quantity.

Perhaps I was not clear enough either... the quantity box is renamed to width. So the customer can choose what width they want and this multiplies the cost of the curtains they are purchasing. But theres one item they can choose if they want, which gets charged only once no matter what "quantity" they choose. So in basic terms its like shopping for a product, buying 10 of them but an option you chose for those 10 gets added once, not multipled by 10 also.

So is this one-time charge supposed to do that or have I misunderstoond? Becaise its not doing it now.

Plugin Contributions

HI

Does anyone have a suggestion? i.e. choose to buy x amount of products (which have options that are also added x times) but have an additional option that is only added once for the multiple products you are buying?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

If you have the Attribute Price set to 5.00 and the One Time set to 3.00 ... you will get:

QTY TOTAL
    1 is (1 x 5) + 3 = 8.00
    10 is (10 x 5) + 3 = 53.00
    100 is (100 x 5) + 3 = 503.00
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I'll tell you want it is, I found the confusion...

The Sub-Total of the product in my cart does not show the One Time price added, but when I go to checkout, on Payment Information page it shows the sub-total with the one time charge addedd. So this is the confusion, the shopping cart summary for the product is not showing the one time price added.

Do you have a suggestion for that?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast