Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default country dropdown not working

Since upgrading to 1.3.5 the default country dropdown in the create account page does not work, its remains on "please select country" and noone can create an account - it just keeps saying that the dropdown is not selected? Any suggestions as to where i can start trying to fix this problem ?

please help!
    many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: country dropdown not working

sorted it temporarily by reverting back to the 1.3.0.2 create account scripts

suits me for now,

but curious as to why im getting this problem

(tpl_modules_create_account.php seems to be the culprit ?? )

Plugin Contributions

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading. I hope there is a solution, because I don't fancy going back to the previous installation. Thank you!

Johanna

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What is your default country?

Which page is this happening on? Is it only the create-account page? or My Account-Address and Checkout add-address too?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte, thank you for your reply. For me the problem happens on all the pages that lead to the set up of an account, whether it's via the shopping cart or via the login button at the top of the page, etc. Just can't create an account without the error coming up saying that a country from the drop down list hasn't been selected.

I have set up four countries in the menu in PhpMyAdmin and changed the names to the correct language, the drop down itself works fine. I then chose one of those countries as the Default country in the Admin configuration > customer details window.
    Last edited by jcp; 5 Sep 2006 at 04:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default country - UK

page its affecting: create_account

as mentioned - I fixed it by reverting to the 1.3.0.2 tpl_modules_create_account.php

cheers

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jcp
    I have set up four countries in the menu in PhpMyAdmin and changed the names to the correct language,
    Can you please explain this in a bit more detail? "correct language" ?

I've seen some limited problems with the state/province pulldown not working, but no problems with the country pulldown.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again! The countries I need in the drop down menu are The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany and Luxembourg. The shop is in mainly for Dutch speaking customers, so I thought it might be a good idea to change the names of the countries, plus delete all the countries I do not need. I did this in PhpMyAdmin, and then chose 'Nederland' as the default country.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

when you deleted, did you delete everything and re-add, or simply delete the undesired items and fix the spellings, keeping the original country records with translated names?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, indeed, that is what I did. I just deleted the countries I do not need and only translated the names of the countries, no other codes relating to these countries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast