Page 81 of 373 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Lightbox...

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Hi all,

So here's my question. Does anyone know a way to disable the kill button on the browser window while the lightbox is open so people can only use the "close" button?

Thanks a lot for any thoughts you have.

Possum.

Just click the back button in your browser.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your input Sharx, but its not me hitting the kill button thats the problem. Its my visitors. Is there some way I can stop a visitor from using the kill button when an image is being shown in the lightbox?

Cheers,

Possum

Plugin Contributions

Possum,
    In a word.....NO. I can't imagine the nightmare that would be created if there was a way to disable the "kill" button. How about shrink large image size so that the image fits on the average screen real estate. I would also suspect it wouldn't be to much trouble to copy the code for the lightbox close function to the top of the display also, so you would have close buttons top and bottom.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have got this problem. I installed the Image Handler 2 and I use the preview function of IH2. I installed the Zen LightBox 1.4 today and the IH2 preview stoped working. Do you know, how to solve this problem, please ?

Plugin Contributions

So I fixed the issue from my previous post. The problem was that I coppied the files from YOU_TEMPLATE to my tamplate DARKNESS folder. I tried to copy the files to TEMPLATE_DEFAULT and it works, BUT....

I have got the IH2 previews, but if I click the main product image or aditional image it does not work. There is no reaction to the mause click.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sharx View Post
    One more thing....
    Can the Lightbox be used on images I use on the "information" pages?
    I'm going to answer my own question

Yes it can be used on additional pages.
    Just copy the code in any of the files in /includes/modules/pages/......
    and insert it into the additional page.
    Then put rel="lightbox[gallery]" into the image link.

Hope somebody else than me think this is useful...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    Possum,
    In a word.....NO. I can't imagine the nightmare that would be created if there was a way to disable the "kill" button.
    Hi barco57,

I hadn't thought about the possibility of people misusing that option, but now that you point it out, I understand why it's not possible.

I like the idea of setting a close box at the top right of the lightbox. I don't have control over the images that are shown so can't be sure of the sizes, but the code is mine to manage.

Thanks,

Possum.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Zen Lightbox...

I've been reading this thread for days (well it feels like it) looking for a solution to a problem that I have. But first let me give my tip on the following. Problem to follow in next post.

I noticed that many users are having problems with displaying multiple images for a product in the LightBox window. I was also looking into this but needed a quick solution for a demo for a client. I also wanted a solution where you could see multiple images of a product only in the LightBox window. I did not want to clutter my product page with additional images of the product. This is solved by just adding 4 lines of code (plus 1 line for each additional image) at the end of your product description in the admin console. Advantages are;
    • no complicated file naming convention, and you can use more meaningful names ie. can use - car.jpg, tire.jpg etc,
    • images can be stored in any folder and don't have to be in the same folder,
    • very quick and easy,
    • don't need to display the additional images on the product page but this does not stop you if you do want to display them.

PHP Code:
    <div id="productMainImage" class="centeredContent back">
    <
    script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    document.write('<a href="images/SecondImage.jpg" rel="lightbox[gallery]" title="This is the second image"></a>')
    document.write('<a href="images/some_folder/AnotherPicture.jpg" rel="lightbox[gallery]" title="This is the third image"></a>')//--></script>
    </div
    I would like to add that I do not have IH installed. Maybe the pros could comment on this method of displaying additional images.

Plugin Contributions

First I want to thank Alex Clarke for maintaining such a high level of support for this thread (and to all other contributors).

I noticed that there are a number of users who have stated that they have this problem. When you click on the image thumb to enlarge it, the browser clears the display and then displays the picture in a new blank window, not in the 'Lightbox window'. Basically what I found was that if the page was still busy loading and you clicked on the thumb before it completed, it would open the image in a new browser window and would not use Lightbox. One could argue that a normal user would not normally do this but I noticed that I had a few seconds delay while my page was refreshing the site certificate seal and stats counter. In this time, a user might click on the image thumb. Especially if he is revisiting the page and just wants to view the product. (This happened in my demo with the client!)

I could emulate this on any site that I found using Lightbox. This was with IE6, IE7 and Firefox 2. Even your site Alex displays this problem. You might need to create some load on your internet connection to see this if you have a reasonably fast connection. Basically by simulating a slow connection, it is easier to see this.

I hope this can point someone in the right direction in solving this great feature.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZulu View Post
    Even your site Alex displays this problem.
    Thanks for your comments. My site is currently only running Zen Lightbox v1.3 and not the latest v1.4 release. The latest release should have support for slower Internet connections.

Can you confirm that you are running the latest version of Zen Lightbox on your website?

Also, to everyone with additional images problems, I'll be releasing the next version of Zen Lightbox soon. This should resolve this issue and also introduce some new features.