Plugin Contributions

Default ZenCart, OSCommerce, Virtuemart?

Hello,

My first experience with ecommerce was with Virtuemart, a Joomla component. In the hunt for a better attribute system I found myslef here.

I was hoping some people could comment on the finer points of several ecommerce systems and why I should choose one over the other.

Several people have recommended ZenCart. I know this will be bias but this seems to be a great community so I felt like I could ask this here.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZenCart, OSCommerce, Virtuemart?

Zen Cart is a fork of OSCommerce much in the same way joomla is a fork of mambo.

This means that the base project and the fork project begin to diverge mostly in the direction of what is to be offered as future changes.

Have a look at the progress of OSCommerce over the past couple of years and then Zen Cart and I think that you will see where changes are roubust.

OSCommerce has a larger user base having been around longer, and I think that this is the only reason IMO
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

"I know this will be bias but this seems to be a great community so I felt like I could ask this here."

In my humble opinion, both this community and forum make Zen Cart what it is.
    Take a test drive and demo Zen Cart….That should be more than convincing….Take a look at the downloads and read the posts. You will see that this is one of the MOST helpful forum`s and community I have come across….( I think some members don’t even sleep…*lol*)
    Functionality and Support is what it’s all about and Zen Cart has them both !

Good Luck,
    www.planetebio.net - Eat Right Feel Good !

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra
    Zen Cart is a fork of OSCommerce much in the same way joomla is a fork of mambo.
    It not so easy kobra. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Janssens
    On the 1st september 2005 Joomla! was born. Some called it a fork. Some called it a spoon . Some call it an entire table setting. Whatever your philisophical persuasion, the facts are that Joomla was a continuation of the work of the Development Team which unanimously resigned from the Mambo project in August 2005 . To my knowledge this was an unique event in the history of open source, never before did a complete project and community move house.
    Read the story at: http://dev.joomla.org/component/option,com_jd-wp/Itemid,33/p,171/