Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to create new option type with value for gift certificate

I'm working on a modification to be able to set the price on a gift certificate from an input field. The costumer enters the value in and that vale is the price for the gift certificate.

I want to have a new Option type for this. I've succeeded to create Option type in the database with ID 6. But I cant' figure out how and were the constant i.e. "PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT" is defined. I want to have PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_VALUE to work in the same way as PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT.

Could someone please help me?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to create new option type with value for gift certificate

Why not set the gift certificate to value of $1 and simply instruct them to enter the desired amount in the Quantity field beside Add to Cart button?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I don't like that they then get 250 gift certificates at $1 a piece... I rather have i gift certificate with the value of 250$...

So, that's why I'm getting into this monstrous work :-) Could you give some pointers on where I can set the PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_VALUE? I've succeeded to get the new option type in the admin along with a new product type. Now the problem is to create an input field... Then to get the value from the input field into the price, but that's the next step...

Thanx!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In the demo products there are gift certificates with preset amounts and configured by attributes. You could use those as an example.

However, there is nothing that recalculates the product price based on the numerical value entered in an attribute text field.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I know but I want to let the costumer decide the exact value for them self, without having to go though infinite dropdowns... So I want to get an input field that sets the price for the product.

I'm wondering where the constant i.e PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT is defined.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Beez
    I'm wondering where the constant i.e PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT is defined.
    It is set in the database -- the configuration table. Be careful about changing it...

Plugin Contributions

thank you! didnt manage to figure that out on our own.. hm.. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beez
    I'm working on a modification to be able to set the price on a gift certificate from an input field.
    This sounds great. Any luck?

I'm tinkering on a related issue (Gift Certs)
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...850#post264850

Plugin Contributions

In a matter of fact, Yes! Me and vike are almost ready with a Mod that makes you choose an input field as an attribute where the customer can enter the value of the Gift certificate. Inculded in the package is a new Product Type for gift certificates...

We're laying the last hand on right now, so it should be ready within the next couple of days. I'll make a post in this thread when it's uploaded...

Cheers!

Excellent! How is the "Product Type for gift certificates" different from other product types?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast