Plugin Contributions

1.3.0.5 upgrade on webhost site

Hi,
    First, I've never installed or set up any type of shopping cart, so I hope y'all are a patient group .

I'm using a webhosting service who already has Zen-Cart included. However, their version is 1.3.0.2. I have installed that version onto my website, but have not set it up yet, other than the basic admin options. I don't have the database set up yet, either, so there isn't anything in there I could lose if something goes wrong. (I'd just have to start over with the configuration stuff, which isn't a big problem)

My questions are: Can I upgrade to the new version myself, since it's not on my own server, or does the webhosting site have to do it?
    OR.......would it be better to not use the webhost's version, and upload the new upgraded version directly to my website?

Thanks bunches for any advice.

Bluelightnin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.0.5 upgrade on webhost site

Best to do a fresh install.

1. Grab the /includes/configure.php file from your current site. You'll want to have the info from it for all the DB_XXXXXX settings.

2. Download the new version from Zen Cart site

3. Follow the instructions for installation contained in the /docs folder of the zip downloaded in #2. During zc_install stage, use the info from the old configure.php file you saved/printed in #1.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again,
    Thanks, Dr.Byte for the quick response. Appreciate it!

Guess I have one more question......to delete the old version from my website, do I just click the folder and choose "delete", or is there an uninstall file, or a better way to do it?

Thanks again
    Bluelightnin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"delete" is good :)

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

How did you install 1.3.0.2 in the first place? Did you do it through an autoinstaller like Fantastico? If so, to uninstall use the 'uninstall' feature it has. This will delete the database it created as well. Deleting just the folder won't delete the database.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

However, if you delete as tj1 suggests, then you'll have to manually recreate database and user components before you can install the new version ;)