Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default TinyMCE plugin for v1.3.5

I uploaded the TinyMCE plugin from the downloads section to my fresh 1.3.5 install - but I don't know how to make it available. In the My Store configuration section - I only have HTMLAREA and NONE available as options.

When I go to "define pages", all I get is HTMLAREA. After uploading are there any other edits or something else I have to do? The download pages seems to indicate it's just upload and go.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TinyMCE plugin

did you upload the /admin/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_html_editor.php file?

If this file is uploaded, then the pulldown will include the additional editor choice, even though the My Store options won't include it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ugh - dumb mistake on my part. I changed the name of the admin directory for security purposes, and then uploaded the plugin to /admin where it couldn't be found.

Thanks for the reply, it jogged my brain to realize what I did wrong.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hey doc or anyone who can help.

I just uploaded the FCKeditor and tinymce plugin to my 1.3.5 cart (which is a fresh install but including all my customised pages from 1.3.2) but have problems getting all the options that come with editor. I only see a box where I can type with no formating options at all. I am sure that this is not right.

Now after saying that, I have a quick question! in the download description for this (tinymce) plugin it says to

(If also uploading FCKeditor plugin, you WILL have to edit the /admin/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_html_editor.php and uncomment the lines for FCKeditor and TinyMCE )
    What exactly is meant by

uncomment the lines for FCKeditor and TinyMCE
    and also there is mention that you need to copy files over to the new path being catalog/editor/htmlarea as in the v1.3.2 the path for htmlarea is catalog/htmlarea

Which files are we talking about? and is this necessary if you are working on a fresh install with customised pages from a v1.3.2 cart?

Any help would be appreciated

Plugin Contributions

What exactly is meant by uncomment the lines for FCKeditor and TinyMCE
    this is the code from that file ant the redhighlighted // are the comment indicators...remove these the resemble the two above it to enable these after you have installed them.
    Code:
      $editors_list['NONE']      = array('desc' => EDITOR_NONE,      'handler' => '',              'special_needs' => '');
      $editors_list['HTMLAREA']  = array('desc' => EDITOR_HTMLAREA,  'handler' => 'htmlarea.php',  'special_needs' => '');
    //  $editors_list['FCKEDITOR'] = array('desc' => EDITOR_FCKEDITOR, 'handler' => 'fckeditor.php', 'special_needs' => '');
    //  $editors_list['TINYMCE']   = array('desc' => EDITOR_TINYMCE,   'handler' => 'tinymce.php',   'special_needs' => '');
    So that it looks like this and save your edited copy to the /overides folder that is there.
    Code:
      $editors_list['NONE']      = array('desc' => EDITOR_NONE,      'handler' => '',              'special_needs' => '');
      $editors_list['HTMLAREA']  = array('desc' => EDITOR_HTMLAREA,  'handler' => 'htmlarea.php',  'special_needs' => '');
      $editors_list['FCKEDITOR'] = array('desc' => EDITOR_FCKEDITOR, 'handler' => 'fckeditor.php', 'special_needs' => '');
      $editors_list['TINYMCE']   = array('desc' => EDITOR_TINYMCE,   'handler' => 'tinymce.php',   'special_needs' => '');
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Kobra

Done!! Helped my problem!!

Plugin Contributions

I've been trying to decypher instructions for getting some styles loaded intot he dropdown on the tinymce editor, could someone describe how I could get this styles dropdown to function like the fck editor does?

Plugin Contributions

ok back again with the problem. uncommenting those lines allowed fckeditor to work but I when choose the tinymce editor I still have no HTML options available. Just comes up with a box to type in and thats it.

Anyone have any ideas???? Please

Oops take that back, it seems to be working now!! Go figure - Sorry!!!
    Last edited by heavenlynights; 21 Sep 2006 at 12:55 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Good to hear_

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    the pulldown will include the additional editor choice, even though the My Store options won't include it.
    Hope there will be an choice for having TinyMCE as default in later versions, it's bad that we need to chose the editor every time we are writing something.. ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast