Plugin Contributions

Default 1.3.5 Downloads - Expired Link Not stopping download

* Product was set up for digital download.
    * Test order placed using check option.
    * Initial order status of pending shows the correct message in customer account (NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed).
    * Payment Status changed to 'processing' and the legend status button clicked to set state of download to 'expired' - this was to simulate that a check was recieved but not cleared. i.e. keeping the customer informed.
    * Customer can download product even tho it is marked as expired in admin.
    * Also .. Even tho product attributed show Expiry days = 7 & Max Downloads = 5, the customer account screen shows 'link expires' = unlimited and Remainimg = ---***---
    * If the customer does download the product the admin order screen shows a count of -1
    * Setting the order status back to pending then stops the ability to download but also zeros the count back to 0.

I noticed this after I had set up the order steps2 contrib using the new 1.3.5 files and manually inserting the code. Order steps worked ok.

This may not be a 'bug' but having the ability to change the status of a download in admin to 'expired' gives the impression we can stop downloads if we want.

Thanks
    Kev

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.5 Downloads - Expired Link Not stopping download

Yes I have observed similar behavior in previous versions. Instead of manipulating the download expiration settings I found it easier to set up an additional order status entry called "cancelled (ck/mo not received)". You could do similar with "cancelled (ck/mo not cleared)". Then for a cancelled softgoods order would never have to set order with "processing" status and then fuss with expired setting, etc. I would suspect the ZC logic for managing downloads expiration will be improved upon when admin is updated.

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43132#8
    Similar discussion, with fix, at above url

Plugin Contributions

Aha! a clue ...

There appears to be a conflict in the setting of the Max Days to 0 as 0 means unlimited ...

The fix is to edit the file:

/admin/orders.php

Change line 52 from:
    PHP Code:
              $update_downloads_query "update " TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD " set download_maxdays='0', download_count='0' where orders_id='" $_GET['oID'] . "' and orders_products_download_id='" $_GET['download_reset_off'] . "'"
    To read:
    PHP Code:
              $update_downloads_query "update " TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD " set download_count='0' where orders_id='" $_GET['oID'] . "' and orders_products_download_id='" $_GET['download_reset_off'] . "'"
    Now only the count is adjust to 0 and not the days so that there is not a conflict with unlimited downloads ...

Do let me know if you have further problems with this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!