Plugin Contributions

zenAdminID attaches to page links when editing category descriptions

Version: 1.2.6d.

I have some extensive HTML content in my category pages at Hovercraft.com. There are a number of links to other pages within category descriptions. See http://www.hovercraft.com/content/in...=index&cPath=2 for example. The content on this page is a category description. This is a quick method to manage content and still have the page accessible from the main menu.

The Problem:
    For some reason, every time I edit a category description, the system appends the zenAdminID to the end of all URLs appearing in the page. Some of my pages have alot of links and this becomes painfully annoying. If I save the edited page without first deleting the zenAdminID from the links it will do the same thing all over the next time. I cannot find the source of this problem and simply don't understand why it even exists. I can work faster through phpMyAdmin. If anyone knows a solution to this problem then please respond.

Thanks,

BJoly

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zenAdminID attaches to page links when editing category descriptions

I can't duplicate this. Can you give me a click by click and which browser you are using?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zenAdminID attaches to page links when editing category descriptions

My guess is that the problem is related to cookie settings and/or a PHP feature to automaticly add sids to the url.

I remember a couple of years ago this autosid feature alomost drove me crazy (since sids also were appended to links I really did not want them). Probably it's not called "autosid" of course, but I do not recall what the name of this (very irritating) magic feature is. If it indeed is related: this feature can be disabled somewhere in your php config file.

(and so it probably is not a Zen Cart bug)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    I can't duplicate this. Can you give me a click by click and which browser you are using?
    I select Catalog > Categories/Products in ZenCart admin. I click through the tree structure until I get the category page I wish to edit. I then click edit ("e"). When the edit page appears all links display with "&zenAdminID=........." appended to the end. I have this problem in both IE and Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm
    My guess is that the problem is related to cookie settings and/or a PHP feature to automaticly add sids to the url.
    I think you may be correct. I set up a local web server with Apache/PHP/MySQL and I do not have this problem. I suppose my next step is to contact our web host.

Thanks,

BJoly