Thread: Just stupid

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Just stupid

You're welcome. Every newer version offers more goodies, so enjoy the new stuff.

Plugin Contributions

Default Just stupid

Please explain me about the bug.
    What it is needed for?
    How it looks?
    Even I tried to find it out from the forums with search but couldn't.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Bug? Sorry, I don't understand what you are referring to.

Plugin Contributions

Default Just stupid

There are many titles about bug report, bug fix or else.
    Is it some kind of error or virus?

Plugin Contributions

Oh, those. No, I think most are due to compliance issues concerning browsers and servers. There just is such a wide spectrum of areas that may go hidden for awhile and sometimes when you change something, something else may get affected. Of course, to also err is human. You can also compare it to general manufacturing, like vehicles. The similarity would be 'recalls'. When you build something very complex and has a lot of different areas, it's near impossible to be perfect as there are so many factors involved in many different situations. As time goes on, improvements and fixes come into play.

If you stay updated, you need not worry about those things. The most important reason for upgrading is surely the security factor. Unfortunately, online stores and their hosts are under constant attack from hackers trying to get privy information. Somewhat like the local convenience store is always putting up with robberies or petty thefts, some people just can't keep their hands out of the proverbial cookie jar.

Plugin Contributions

You are very kind in enlightening me with os zen. I got about bug now.
    Thank you

It is a problematic issue indeed. Now I'm trying to install new version of zen:
    1.3.5 version. Till now I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. First I removed my old apache, php, mysql /I think/ by using ctrl panel:add/remove feature. And then tried to install the new one. There it needed my local server so I tried to install my old apache, php, mysql again. But after installing them my machine doesn't work properly means doesn't find mysql or run it. I was wrong with removing them, wasn't I. So I'm trying to find and fix the problem. It is very challenging but very time consuming thing for dummies like me.
    Thanks to people like you it becomes more easier to solve problems.
    With best regards
    me

Plugin Contributions

Thank you and you're very welcome. I'm glad to hear you're upgrading.

I never installed Zen Cart without a web server, so I'm not much help. But, where you are right now... I guess you'd have to start over on a clean slate.

Unless... if you have Windows, you could consider a System Restore and do a full roll back... just somewhere before the point you uninstalled your components. Then, you could continue onward and install v1.3.5 using the "Upgrade" option.

No, you're not a dummy... you're just like the rest of us, trial and error.

Plugin Contributions

Thought I drop a line since I ran into a similar problem on my XP after attempting to upgrade my server setup and everything went ballistic.
    I finally pulled everything off and use a standalone server setup for my local testing. I had EasyPHP, which is really nice, but there hasn't seen an upgrade in a while so I think it's a little behind on Mysql and php and most of it is written in French..but if that's not a big factor, you might look into it
    I am currently using Erfan Standalone Server, which I recommend for a local environment if you don't require a custom configuration...no installation required and the latest release was in July so it's fairly well up to date.
    Efran is a bit slower than EasyPHP, but it uses a lot less system resources and is very easy for beginners to use.
    Best wishes

Plugin Contributions

To the Certified Zen-a-holic™

Hello again. I can't update my old version. Is it right to understand the writings like http://localhost/{zen-cart-directory}/zc_install/ -> http://localhost/Program Files/E-store/www/gifts/download/zen-cart-v1.3.5-full-fileset-09042006/zc_install/ or I'm doing wrong. Where is my web server to where I must unzip update file?
    Thank you in advance

Plugin Contributions

Someone with more knowledge about local hosting will surely help you. All I can offer is some reading in the mean time, to hopefully guide you;

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/LocalCopySite

This sort of thing is uncharted territory for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast