Plugin Contributions

View Product Notificatons Peeps have signed up for

Hello All

Does anyone know if there is a report mod that would let me look at what products people have signed up for product notifications for?

It would be nice to know / view

1. who has signed up for product notifications for a specific product.

2. what products have been signed up for product notifications (sort of like a league table)

This would be very useful in terms of marketing..

I've noticed that sometimes when i put a special price on some products there is a sudden burst in sales for that product...yes partly because i dropped the price but am assuming that some people signed up to be notfied if any changes to that product occurred.

If I could know in advance what products people have asked to be notfied about, I would go put ALL of those products on special

I can't find any way to do this from Admin

Any ideas from you guys on how to acheive this goal would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks V Much
    Z
    A Warm and Sunny London, UK. :-)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: View Product Notificatons Peeps have signed up for

The product-notification system is not automatic. You have to send notices to the people who have opted to be notified. It has nothing to do with you making any changes to the products in the admin.

To send notifications to peeps who have signed up, go to Admin->Tools->Newsletter/Notification Manager
    THen create a newsletter/notice, choose product-notification as the type.
    When sending, it will ask you which products your notice applies to. Select, and send.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello DrByte,

I have been testing the product Notification manager, created a newsletter, and sent it to myself as a customer....and recieved this fine. Nice.
    I then tried creating a product notification, adding some products and saving the notice. This saved ok, but when I click send, I am told that the number of recipients was: 0
    I guess I'm missing something very obvious here....where is the preference set to receive product notifications.? I assumed I could manually send a product notification to anyone who was also subscribed to newsletters. (which is currently 1 - IE: me) But no.
    Could you point me in the right direction please......Thanks

Hazza

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Customers sign up for product notifications via the notifications sidebox which is visible only on actual product pages (assuming you have it enabled), OR by clicking the checkboxes shown upon checkout-success, which show the products purchased on said order. Checking the boxes and clicking the submit button will opt them in to the notifications for that product.

If you wish to generate a list of who selected what, you can produce it manually by extracting data from the "product_notifications" table in your database. There is no supplied report to disclose this information.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Once again Thank you Dr Byte.

Yes, I realised some of this, after I posted (typical)...and figured it was only up to the visitor to ask for notification...which makes sense...none of us want to be spamed.

I have no requirement for who is on the notification list ... I just needed to know if it was working. So that is good.

Thank you for your advise kind sir.

Hazza