Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Disable "In Stock: xxx"

I can't seem to get the quantity in stock to NOT display on the catalog items. I've been through the admin configuration time and time again and anywhere that talks about stock quantities I've set to 0 but the product pages still display how many items are in stock. Since the product is a download product I don't want it to display stock quantities.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disable "In Stock: xxx"

Comment out the line in the product_info template that displays it and it will definately not show.
    HTH
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Plugin Contributions

Did you first try to change the setting on the Product Types in the Admin ... Catalog ... Product Type ... Edit Layout ...

Show Quantity in Stock
    Display Quantity in Stock on Product Info 0= off 1= on
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

duh, I finally found a thread up here that talked me through it. Had to go to Catalog/product types/product general/edit layout....

Basically it was deeper into the configs than I was thinking it should be and the search feature of this forum just wasn't giving me anything useful.

Right after I posted I found a search term that did find it finally.

now I'm having a new problem. I have followed the instructions for creating a download product. But I can't seem to get the download button 'link" to appear on the customers order form.

Everything appears to be configured correctly. I have an option attribute, I have a download file in the download folder with no goofy name. It's showing a green dot for it in the attributes edit section. I have redirect on because I'm on a unix server. And I've verified that my /pub folder is set at 777.

Everything appears to work as it should except there is no download link for the customer to click on and get the product he has paid for.

Any ideas for me to try that don't involved setting up another copy of zen. :)

I know this works as I've done it successfully in the past with a different site on the same web server provider. It's probably something very simple that I've overlooked somewhere.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, I just realized that in my Payment Modules for Authorize Net I have Test Mode set to True. Would this prevent Zen from creating the download link in the customers order review page?

Plugin Contributions

What is the Orders Status for the Payment Module set to?

Payment Modules set to Orders Status >=2 (Processing) or <=4 (Updated) ... 3 is Delivered ... are set to auto display the link to the Download ...

Orders Status 1 (Pending) is set to not auto display the link to the Download until the Order Status has been changed on the Order in the Admin ...

What version Zen Cart are you running?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

After placing the order the status is set to 2 Processing.

hehe, where can I find what version I'm running? hehe.. I think it's 1.2.6 according to the install.txt in the /README_FILES folder of the installation.

Guess I need to install the newest version while I'm at it here.

Plugin Contributions

Be sure to do a test upgrade ...

There are many threads related to how to perform a test upgrade in a test directory such as /new_shop

This way, you do not hurt your Live Site while preparing your new site ...

Take your time ... it is not a race ... and you will be happier for it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Fortunately this is a brand new install that I did a few months back and didn't finish. I got some time today and figured I'd finish it up. So there is very little customization and only one product. I'll probably just go for it and if all else fails I'll start over from scratch. I've done several Zen installations over the last few years. Installing is pretty easy it's the customizing that tends to be a chore despite the awesome feature of templating. If I did it more frequently it would be so bad. But enough time goes by between working with the program that I always end up struggling a little.

I do have another site that is running a version from nearly 2 years ago that I need to update and it's got quite a bit of customization with several hundred customers and products. That one, I will take my time and do the upgrade VERY slowly and carefully. :)

Now I just need the time to do it..

Plugin Contributions

The problem is ...

You do not have the Radio Button set to the Default ...

So unless someone "knows" to check it ... when they add the Product to the Cart, the Attribute does not get added with it ... this means no attribute = no download ...

I changed the setting to default the Radio Button to Default in the Attributes Controller ...

Make a new order, as the old order is missing the Attribute with the Download ...

Now see if it works better ...

I also added Check/Money Order as Pending (Orders Status 1) ...

Make 1 Order by AuthorizeNet or PayPal ... these should be available automatically on checkout_sucess ...

Make 1 Order by Check/Money Order ... these will not be available until you go to the Admin and set the Orders Status to >= 2 or <=4

NOTE: you should really Zip your files ... filename.exe is a bad thang ... and scares most people ...

NOTE: be careful if you upgrade ... you appear to have a mixed v1.2.6/v1.2.7 so it might be a little more fun ... but should all get straightened out ... Based on your site ... it should actuall be easy ...

Personally, as it looks like you are just starting out ... I'd start from scratch with a new install of Zen Cart v1.3.5 ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast