Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Oh Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

I don't know how it happened but I've lost all the Headings at the top and in the left sidebox and all the default headings all over my store.

All I've got is "HEADER_SALES_TEXT and "BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING" and such stuff.

I think I've lost the path to the original template settings, god knows how I did it but I really hope somebody can help me get it back.

I was just getting ready to "go live" having being dead chuffed with myself getting Nochex to work and now I go and mess it all up.

I feel sooooooo stupid.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Oh Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

upload a clean version of English.php and see if that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Tried it to no avail. Something is obviously over-riding all the original template headings and buttons - damned if I can find it though. I've reached desperation point....probably need to do a whole new install. I can't think of what else to do.

Plugin Contributions

Post a url of where this is happening
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Will do. www.practiceperfectuk.co.uk/shop

Probably down for maintenance but you can see the mess anyway............

Plugin Contributions

The usual error that creates this is leaving out the proper closing tag or the set of single quotes like in the following where one or both of the single quotes are ommited:
    Code:
    define('SITE_TAGLINE', 'The Art of E-commerce');
    If this were only from files that you have edited, I would suspect that you might have possibly ommited one or more of them. But if this is site wide, did it happen when you upgraded? If so, investigate the FTP app and the settings within to insure that you are rtransferring via binary protocol. Many here use Filezilla and portend that it is flawless and free to use. I add this as a bad file upload can also cause this.

BYW: You are still pointed to includes/templates/my_template/css/stylesheet.css"
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help, I have downloaded Filezilla and will use it in future as I don't think even I couldn't have messed up that many files all in one go. I'll have a search through first though and see if I can spot any tag errors...the experience will do me good.

Not sure what this means.....

Quote Originally Posted by kobra
    BYW: You are still pointed to includes/templates/my_template/css/stylesheet.css"
    What else am I doing wrong? Is it the template bit wrong or the stylesheet bit wrong?

It feels like the first day at school.......

Plugin Contributions

It depends what you called your template directory. If you called it my_template and this exists inside your includes/templates directory with all the related files and images, then you have done it right. However, if you have called it "bobred" then a folder should exist inside the includes/templates directory and inside this should be all the related images, css and files.

Assuming you have sorted out the folders and folder names, your css file inside the "bobred" template should point to the images within the images folder of the "bobred" directory.

Got that? Hope it is a clear enough explanation

Plugin Contributions

Very clear thank you. I'd be lost without the forum. I read all the help docs and wikis but sometimes things just go wrong!
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Waggle Dancer,

My BTW was in reference to your post about possibly losing your template settings. I ws pointing out that this is the location that is being used for your files.
    I think I've lost the path to the original template settings, god knows how I did it but I really hope somebody can help me get it back.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast