Plugin Contributions

Default multiple product add to cart when product has attributes

Hopefully I won't have to code this myself :)

It seems that if a product doesn't have any attributes associated with it (color/amount of memory/etc) then when one is in the product list view one can add multiple products to the shopping cart at once by filling in the quantity text boxes and then clicking once on the 'add to cart'.

However once one adds attributes for a product one gets a '...more info' link in place of the quantity textbox and must go to the indivdual product page to choose attributes and then add to the cart one product at a time.

Is there a simple way to allow itmes with multiple attributes to all be added to the cart at once?

Surely someone has already done this at least as a module?

Thanks in advance for any hints given.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: multiple product add to cart when product has attributes

And we should guess at the customer's choices for those attributes ... :eeks:

This is not a feature at this time ... the customer needs to make a choice so off they go to the Product _info page to do so ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    And we should guess at the customer's choices for those attributes ... :eeks:
    Actually I was thinking that the product list would just display all the attribute choices.

Similar to this:

http://www.digitalbeach.org/popups/multi-select3.htm

It seems however from your reply that this might not be possible with zencart at this time. Bummer

I'll take a look at the code and see how difficult this would be to add as it seems like a really useful feature.

Plugin Contributions

Yes ... it would be a very nice feature ...

We have not included it yet in the core code ...

Let us know how you do ... looking forward to the contribution, thanks!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rexbot View Post
    Actually I was thinking that the product list would just display all the attribute choices.

Similar to this:

http://www.digitalbeach.org/popups/multi-select3.htm

It seems however from your reply that this might not be possible with zencart at this time. Bummer

I'll take a look at the code and see how difficult this would be to add as it seems like a really useful feature.
    Hello.. There is a workaround that could be used in Zen Cart. When you generate your attribute names, you will have to generate attribute values '1 Spool of Blue Thread', 2 Spools of Blue Thread', etc. Then when you go to attribute controller, you will be attaching these to the master product being sold.

Each combination of attribute names & values can have an added cost for each item chosen, this would also be where you set the weight for one, two, etc. items. Then when the customer opens the pull down menu, they will see the price for one spool, two spools, etc.

This is the way I add additional cost for t-shirts larger than a 1XL.. it adds that additional attribute cost to the original base price for the product being sold. It doesn't quite work the same way as the link you provided, but it will give you the ability to add more cost for multiple or larger items.. ? My fix for this problem.