Default Have questions on Zen Cart

Hello,

I am fairly new to this shopping cart thing and am having a hard time trying to figure it all out.

I was with a host that had everything built into one and I did not have to know any html or php to use the service, but our website outgrew them to the point of errors and downtime.

I am needing a shopping cart that is fairly simple to work and does not require a lot of coding knowledge.

In addition, would like something that has templates that can be purchased for low budgets - like under $50.00.

I had previously decided to go with cubecart BUT just found out that they are known for hacking and coding problems, plus the only way to keep functionality is to keep installing the add-ons. My host confirmed this to me and informed me that they thought Zen Cart to be the best for security and then on to oscommerce.

However, everything seems to be so confusing at this point to where I don't know if I am just not understanding or if I have looked at so many that it all is running together.

So, can you tell me what Zen Cart can do for me, how easy it will be to use (coming from the perspective of someone who knows very little coding - basically only on the html side like how to bold, insert picture and insert link - that's it!)

These are the things that our soon-to-be ex-host offered that we are needing, but cannot find anything that really offers what we currently have/had.

1. Easy to use - not a lot of coding knowledge required
    2. No worry of having to add a bunch of add-ons to stay functional
    3. Affiliate program that can track distributors/affiliates up to 2 tiers of commissions and has ############## mini sites
    4. Allows for unlimited number of products
    5. Great Support
    6. Password protected areas

Can you tell me - does Zen Cart offer this? I am needing to choose a cart as soon as possible so that I can get the store transferred, but have no clue on the functions of Zen Cart, how many add-ons I'm going to have to worry about, the cost of templates, etc.

I think I may be making this all harder than it truly is but I am completely dumbfounded when it comes to coding!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kj
    [FONT="Georgia"]KjCattitudes
    [/FONT]A Stylish Attitude is Everything!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Have questions on Zen Cart

Quote Originally Posted by kjcattitudes

1. Easy to use - not a lot of coding knowledge required
    2. No worry of having to add a bunch of add-ons to stay functional
    3. Affiliate program that can track distributors/affiliates up to 2 tiers of commissions and has ############## mini sites
    4. Allows for unlimited number of products
    5. Great Support
    6. Password protected areas
    1) Zen Cart is basically ready for operation as soon as it's installed. Like any new thing, trying out all the features is a learning curve. Zen Cart is easy to use.
    2) Asides from normal and expected security patches, it'll run as long as your host stays in business. There are already so many built in goodies and lots of contributions for that little extra touch.
    3) Not sure, I've never looked into that.
    4) As far as I come to understand, yes.
    5) You have this delightful and friendly forum, it's always active to provide assistance. Also, the Zen Cart team is almost here 24/7.
    6) The backend and frontend are secured fully utilizing SSL into protected log ins.

There are a bunch of contributed templates and mods, freely available in the 'downloads' area in the forum top menu. In my personal opinion, Zen Cart IS the best cart.

To get to know what Zen Cart offers, you can pruse here;

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page