Thread: Flip..Flop

Plugin Contributions

Default Flip..Flop

Not sure if this is the right place for this , but here goes.

I want to move header logoup up to top left and move tagline down to middle where logo is now and also I seemed to have lost the date...how can I install this again.

http://slstamps.co.uk

Many thanks.
    Stephen.
    - ZenCart v:1.3.9h - Template: Simply_Kerrin- Column layout grid. v:1.3.6 - big royal mail. v:2.3.4 - stock by attributes 4.7 - Logo Sidebox - SitemapXML v2s.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flip..Flop

To move the logo to the toip left position find the following in your stylesheet and delete the text marked in red
    #logo, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    float: left;
    }
    then change the styling immediately below to
    #logo {
    display:inline;
    text-align:left;
    }
    To center the tagline where the logo used to be fidn the following and change the alignment from left to center where highlighted
    #tagline {
    padding-top:10px;
    color:#000000;
    font-size: 2em;
    text-align : left;
    vertical-align: middle;
    }
    I'm afraid that I don't understand the 3rd party of your post concerning the date.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi,

Many thanks, that has helped.

Is it possible to get the logo further left.

What I also wanted was to display "to-days date" on my site if that is possible?

Thanks again.

Stephen
    Stephen.
    - ZenCart v:1.3.9h - Template: Simply_Kerrin- Column layout grid. v:1.3.6 - big royal mail. v:2.3.4 - stock by attributes 4.7 - Logo Sidebox - SitemapXML v2s.

Plugin Contributions

The changes haven't had the intended effect because in step 2 instead of changing "the styling immediately below ..." you have inserted the revised styling "above ...". The old styling is therefore still in place, and later in the stylesheet, so over-rides the new styling. Delete out the old #logo styling and the new styling will take effect as intended.

To insert a date, work out where on the page you want it. Find the relevant place in the appropriate template file (probably tpl_header.php) and insert
    <?php echo date("D M d Y");?>
    Other formating is possible and a definitive list of the possiblities can be found at the online php manual.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi
    The changes haven't had the intended effect because in step 2 instead of changing "the styling immediately below ..." you have inserted the revised styling "above ...". The old styling is therefore still in place, and later in the stylesheet, so over-rides the new styling. Delete out the old #logo styling and the new styling will take effect as intended.

Many thanks:
    Stephen.