Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Well I don't see anything new in their source code, but I am seeing the error as well. Might just be a maintenance thing they are doing, but I'll keep looking.

Plugin Contributions

The USPS moves in mysterious ways.

It's probably a good time to mention that I love your module. It's just a truly excellent labor saver for handling a volume of orders. When something like this happens I get a chance to see it's value by comparing it to operating without it. Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Late breaking news!

I just ran USPS Autofill successfully again! Woot!

I guess their software was having a bad hair day.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Still no luck for me. Their HTML page source code seems unchanged but I guess their backend starts validating some fields now. For example, the following fields:
    org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN
    packageId
    labelId

They are all set to empty in the autofill module because there's no way to generate this on our own, but as I studied their form, they have these fields pre-populated when displaying the empty form. My logic now is that they now validate the values of any above fields, and throw errors for empty or invalid values.

If so, it could be solved by triggering their site to generate values for the above fields (I don't know how yet), then submitting the form.

If this workaround won't work, another possible solution would be writing a Firefox add-on transferring data between pages. The Firefox add-on can actually solve any shipping site including UPS.

kehrli, can you please do a test by logging out USPS site (or cleaning browser cache and session), then trying auto fill again?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linksys View Post
    Still no luck for me. Their HTML page source code seems unchanged but I guess their backend starts validating some fields now. For example, the following fields:
    org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN
    packageId
    labelId

They are all set to empty in the autofill module because there's no way to generate this on our own, but as I studied their form, they have these fields pre-populated when displaying the empty form. My logic now is that they now validate the values of any above fields, and throw errors for empty or invalid values.
    Same here, still not working. And you are right about those fields, it was lucky that they even worked to begin with when I first made it. I do hope tho that they stop it. I am going to contact them and explain the problem. Maybe they will see it our way :)

Quote Originally Posted by linksys View Post
    If this workaround won't work, another possible solution would be writing a Firefox add-on transferring data between pages. The Firefox add-on can actually solve any shipping site including UPS.
    You are readin my mind :) I actually was trying some other methods initially before I had this method working, using the user.js file that both FF and Opera use. But initially I was using a toolbar for IE6 to do some parsing work but it was much flakier than the USPS Autofill contrib.

I am not yet familiar with FF extension coding just yet, but I was planning on getting into that anyway. I will take a look at some stuff. If anyone else has any experience in jscript, FF extensions, or any ideas please share them here so we can get a collective effort to get this working asap. I had to ship 2 items today manually copying and pasting line-by-line. Took me like 8 min to do what I used to do in 2.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, but don't forget there are Macintosh users who have Safari as their default browser. Whatever you do it should be cross-platform compatible.

Plugin Contributions

There's a FF version for PC, Mac, & Linux. :)

Plugin Contributions

I also am now very dependent on your Contrib - so thanks again. A bit more info: I am also unable to use autofill right now, and was on the USPS site looking for info. While there I decided to order some supplies - and learned that that part of their web site is also on the fritz, so I think something is up system wide. We are waiting patiently.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know FF add-on programming either but I am glad you are heading that way

Quote Originally Posted by qhome View Post
    I am not yet familiar with FF extension coding just yet, but I was planning on getting into that anyway. I will take a look at some stuff. If anyone else has any experience in jscript, FF extensions, or any ideas please share them here so we can get a collective effort to get this working asap. I had to ship 2 items today manually copying and pasting line-by-line. Took me like 8 min to do what I used to do in 2.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry you guys are having trouble. I used AutoFill for about 10 labels this morning, and I just checked again, and it's still working for me.

It definitely was not working last night, and early this AM.

I'm using ZenCart version 1.3.7.1 and I upgraded to the latest AutoFill last night.

Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast