Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

exittheapple:

It looks like you don't have all the files in the right place. Follow the address and put the files in there.

I just did that recently.
    Wishing I was Zenned !
    It's amazing what happens when I put the files in the right folders !!!

Plugin Contributions

OK, I've been looking for awhile now, what is the fix for when everything loads in the click n ship for except the customer's info?
    Wishing I was Zenned !
    It's amazing what happens when I put the files in the right folders !!!

Plugin Contributions

I am using ver 1.3.8a and this auto-fil is my very first add-on. I was happy to see the autofill button but sad to receive this warning on the USPS site. Internal Error : We've experienced an unexpected condition.Error Tracking Number : 1267468697189
    I tried different orders and different browsers (ie & safari). Always getting the same message with a different tracking number.
    Is there a fix for this?

Plugin Contributions

I am using ver 1.3.8a and this auto-fil is my very first add-on. I was happy to see the autofill button but sad to receive this warning on the USPS site. Internal Error : We've experienced an unexpected condition.Error Tracking Number : 1267468697189
    I tried different orders and different browsers (ie & safari). Always getting the same message with a different tracking number.
    Is there a fix for this?

Plugin Contributions

Two previous solutions

from keystonewebworks
    30th April 2008 12:05 AM

Re: usps autofill errors

Utterly simple fix for the USPS form problem (no software hacks)...
    Go to the Configuration menu for USPS Autofill.
    Set Delivery: Default Shipping from Same ZipCode (Radio Button) to "other"
    Set Delivery: Default Shipping from Other ZipCode (If Radio Button set to Other) to BLANK.

AND

As of April 19th, 2008...from I don't remember ( but am grateful)
    PROBLEM:

The uSPS.com site appears to have changed part of its form validation.
    This causes the site to show an error when trying to use the autofill button:

Internal Error : We've experienced an unexpected condition.
    Error Tracking Number : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Based on some research from a few forum members, it seems that the only way around this is to force the form to have an error so that it displays the form for you to correct it.

SOLUTION:

One of the easiest ways to do this would be to use the "Other Zip Code" method. Set the zipcode to "other" and set the value for other zip code to "00000". This will throw an error on the form page that it needs.

Then you can simply click the "Same" radio button and continue properly.

Plugin Contributions

Oh thank you so much. Changing the zip code to other from same was the answer....seems to work now.
    FYI, I had searched for this answer in this feed for an hour knowing I couldn't have been the first with this problem and read many replies but did not find the one you repeated. Thank you again.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if this thread is still active, but I downloaded your AutoFill contrib (and thank you for doing this!) but I can't get it to work properly. It is populating the Return Address side of the USPS form but not the Delivery side. I suspect that the path to the database is wrong but I really don't have a clue.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Plugin Contributions

The simple fix works just fine..... but i sure wish someone with knowledge of programing and this program would fix the cause of the problem.

Here is some information that may shed some light.

I have my shopping cart let's call #1 and carts #2 to #7 that are my dealers shopping carts the difference being as follows:

I developed the shopping cart # 1 first adding mods and deleting some of them, Super Orders being one mod that I removed. Ran into problems getting Google Checkout to work correctly and was removed.

After #1 cart was working correctly I downloaded it and used it as a master to make shopping Cart #2 to #7. The difference being #1 cart was the main office shopping cart and all other were different dealers. Dealer cart only had changes to reflect different locations, names, and phone numbers and data base. All orders being process used the same USPS account and credit cards mod.

So on cart #1 had to set the return address zip to "other" with zip as "00000" then click on "Same as return" for USPS autofill to work.
    On all dealer carts it is set "Same as return" and have never had an error on these carts, they fill in the information correctly being used daily since last July 2009.

Bottom line is all carts are using same mods but each cart uses it's own data base.

I think at one time about a year ago I downloaded one of the dealers carts (#2 - #7) changed name, address to be my cart and tied it back into my existing data base and it still gave this error.

So now I assume it has something to do with data base. Maybe one of the mods that was being tested on #1 cart put something in cart #1 data base that USPS autofill does not like and is still there in cart #1 data base, So when the dealers carts were made with a completed working #1 cart there data base would not have been effected when they were created.

How would you go about trying to compare what is different in the data bases that causes the USPS autofill error? Or does someone have any other ideas on what to check. I wonder if all persons having this problem if there is one mod each are using?

Plugin Contributions

This mod no longer populates customer information except for order number, any solution?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rxalex View Post
    This mod no longer populates customer information except for order number, any solution?
    Now this is making me nervous if this is happening all the time and not with just some customers and I assume you are using the "Other Zip Code" method. I have also had the same thing happen occasionally maybe every 4 or five months and only with certain customers. So if you read my post above I believe it has something to do with the database. All of my dealers Zencarts do not have to be set using "Other Zip Code" method and on my cart I have to. The only difference between my cart and my dealers is I did the development of zencart on mine without creating a new database after I had the cart working as I needed and the dealers were just clones with fresh database (no left over junk from mods that have been deleted).

Maybe this will help you in finding the problem as it appears no one is going to take time to find out what is really causing us to use "Other Zip Code" method.

Larry

Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast