Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

Also, I ship from 2 different websites and it is automagically filling in all FROM addresses to the default website return address. I need it to use the return address and name from my Zencart admin account

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for making this update - you just saved me an hour of entering addresses!

With this update and the new USPS site, everything actually works better.

I was informed of this change back in December. I received an email from them because I had participated in surveys I guess.

Only thing is, anyone figure out how to make a change to the USPS address book and have it reflect that change? I am referring specifically to the return address. It won't auto add my company name to the return address.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that is the same problem I am having - I would like it to use the return address from ZenCart.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again - I'm back to report that I'm going to revert back to the original non-functioning USPS autofill file due to customers getting the following message during checkout:

"We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use. If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance. (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)"

The orders are able to go through fine if they proceed with checkout (b/c I use a flat rate shipping fee and do not need USPS to provide a shipping quote), but it's annoying for customers to get that message as they then send me an email asking what the problem is, etc.

Not sure what in particular is causing that error message, but I used the modified file as originally provided and the one w/my add'l edits. I got the error message with both.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JanisL View Post
    Hello again - I'm back to report that I'm going to revert back to the original non-functioning USPS autofill file due to customers getting the following message during checkout:

"We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use. If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance. (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)"

The orders are able to go through fine if they proceed with checkout (b/c I use a flat rate shipping fee and do not need USPS to provide a shipping quote), but it's annoying for customers to get that message as they then send me an email asking what the problem is, etc.

Not sure what in particular is causing that error message, but I used the modified file as originally provided and the one w/my add'l edits. I got the error message with both.
    I am confused with your post. What does Click-N-Ship have to do with your customer getting email and shipping flat rate? I have made the latest change and set the default to "same" now Click-N-Ship works better than it has before with no errors. Please explain in more detail how your customers are getting message about Zip Code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ses707 View Post
    Taking a break and coming back with fresh eyes can fix everything. Please find attached an updated zip with a WORKING version :) This makes use of the USPS address book function, you will need to enter your return address into your address book so that it is auto-filled automagically. I would also suggest changing "Delivery: Default Shipping from Same ZipCode (Radio Button)" to "same" as you no longer need to create a form error. I also updated the country strings correcting/add some 243 changes.
    Many Thanks ses707 and CrashWolf -- So far works better than it ever did. Now to see if it works (functions) in 1.5.0 and it should. Do you know if the code now or before broke the security side of 1.5.0? Not knowing php that well I can't tell. This is the only mod I don't know about that I use. It was functioning fine on 1.50 before USPS brilliant move but did not know if it broke security even though it worked.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the confusion in my post #594. Please ignore that content. I'm back to inputting my customers' address info manually on the USPS website.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the confusion in my post #594. Please ignore that content. I'm back to inputting my customers' address info manually on the USPS website.
    There is a zen mod where you can export order/customer information into excel and then import into the USPS address book.

Plugin Contributions

First off, thanks to all of you for figuring out the solution. It's a big help to many of us, greatly appreciated!

I've packaged the files in an "official" module that I will upload to the main contribution page (so others can easily find it).

This version includes the latest usps_autofill_button.php file, as well as adjustments to orders.php to include the latest security fixes for zc1.3.9 and zc1.5.0. I also cleaned up the install/read me instructions.

As far as I can tell, it works flawlessly. Please check it out and let me know if there are any issues. If not, I'll upload to the Add-ons section.

http://jtwebsitedesign.net/zen/USPS....-fill-v1.5.zip

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CrashWolf View Post
    Thx for removing my name for my contribution to the update in the file.
    Contribs go in final packaged addons, this is MY single working file, I removed several outdated and incorrect items, and did not take credit... Be happy it works and get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by johnniejetski View Post
    if i remove the click on the radio button for SHIPPING FROM ANOTHER ZIP CODE, it gives the error. If I fill in a different zip code, it works... So right now I have to hand fill a false zip code on each order
    You must change it to "same", might as well remove the invalid zip, with the last attachment it should work fine, others have verified it does.

Quote Originally Posted by johnniejetski View Post
    Also, I ship from 2 different websites and it is automagically filling in all FROM addresses to the default website return address. I need it to use the return address and name from my Zencart admin account
    I don't have any clients running multi-store on ZC anymore, all got smart and moved to Magento for that. I see the problem, it could be fixed with more time, time=money.

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldspread View Post
    Thanks for making this update - you just saved me an hour of entering addresses!

With this update and the new USPS site, everything actually works better.

I was informed of this change back in December. I received an email from them because I had participated in surveys I guess.

Only thing is, anyone figure out how to make a change to the USPS address book and have it reflect that change? I am referring specifically to the return address. It won't auto add my company name to the return address.
    You're welcome! To change your address book entry go to USPS.com Hi, YourName at the top right and hit the My Profile link. You will be taken to the Edit Profile page where you can setup the defaults.

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldspread View Post
    Yes, that is the same problem I am having - I would like it to use the return address from ZenCart.
    I don't have any clients running multi-store on ZC anymore, all got smart and moved to Magento for that. I see the problem, it could be fixed with more time, time=money.

You're doing something very wrong if USPS auto-fill is causing a problem on the frontend!

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    I am confused with your post. What does Click-N-Ship have to do with your customer getting email and shipping flat rate? I have made the latest change and set the default to "same" now Click-N-Ship works better than it has before with no errors. Please explain in more detail how your customers are getting message about Zip Code.
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    Many Thanks ses707 and CrashWolf -- So far works better than it ever did. Now to see if it works (functions) in 1.5.0 and it should. Do you know if the code now or before broke the security side of 1.5.0? Not knowing php that well I can't tell. This is the only mod I don't know about that I use. It was functioning fine on 1.50 before USPS brilliant move but did not know if it broke security even though it worked.
    You're welcome! You are probably referring to the order page, get beyond compare and use it! This addon itself does nothing security wise. Or drop down a few and use the packaged addon JT made.

Why would you do it manual when auto works?!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie.taferner View Post
    First off, thanks to all of you for figuring out the solution. It's a big help to many of us, greatly appreciated!

I've packaged the files in an "official" module that I will upload to the main contribution page (so others can easily find it).

This version includes the latest usps_autofill_button.php file, as well as adjustments to orders.php to include the latest security fixes for zc1.3.9 and zc1.5.0. I also cleaned up the install/read me instructions.

As far as I can tell, it works flawlessly. Please check it out and let me know if there are any issues. If not, I'll upload to the Add-ons section.

http://jtwebsitedesign.net/zen/USPS....-fill-v1.5.zip
    More could be done to accomodate multi-store and wanting to use admin stored return addresses, and there's an unhappy credit camper (see first re:), otherwise good job, will make it much easier for the less php competent store owners.

Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast