Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps.com Click-n-ship AutoFill Button Contrib

We use version Zen 1.3.7 and got a "Fatal error: Call to undefined function zen_get_orders_comments() in orders.php on line 833" and the Orders page failed.

Turns out that, for us, the original 5.28.08 Orders page can be left in place.

The new 3.20.12 usps_autofill_button.php was the only upgrade needed for our site.

This was a great fix! Thank you QHome, CrashWolf, ses707, and JTwebsitedesign

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnniejetski View Post
    It would be nice if we could just click the button next to zip code instead of entering it by hand again. I have to do this 20-30 times a day
    What is "it" that you are having to enter so many times? I don't have to enter anything just click the buttons.

On your address go to your USPS profile and change it to what you want.

Plugin Contributions

To all who are using 1.3.7 and 1.3.8, please upgrade your cart to at least 1.3.9, or better yet 1.5.0. Using old zen cart versions is a security risk. It is possible that VISA/Mastercard will revoke your privileges to accept credit cards (as stipulated by PCI regulations), or worse - your customers could fall victim to cyber crime.

Regarding the admin menu issues in 1.5.0, I have uploaded a new version of the plugin here:

http://jtwebsitedesign.net/zen/USPS....-fill-v1.5.zip
    (Please overwrite existing files, and run install-1.5.0.sql)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    What is "it" that you are having to enter so many times? I don't have to enter anything just click the buttons.

On your address go to your USPS profile and change it to what you want.
    when I unclick the radio button "I'm shipping from another ZIP Code." I get this error

Please enter and/or complete your Shipping From ZIP Code™.

ver 1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

when I unclick the radio button "I'm shipping from another ZIP Code." I get this error

ver 1.3.9h
    I would remove USPS AutoFill version you have installed and follow suggestion in post#623 (jackie.taferner). Just above your post.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    I would remove USPS AutoFill version you have installed and follow suggestion in post#623 (jackie.taferner). Just above your post.
    his suggestion is to upgrade to 1.3.9 or higher which I am already using. How is that going to solve anything?!?!

Plugin Contributions

his suggestion is to upgrade to 1.3.9 or higher which I am already using. How is that going to solve anything?!?!
    By removing what you have installed you may remove the problem that is causing the error that you are seeing. Then install the latest version which was just released on 03/26. If you install it correctly it will work.

The point is if this mod is not working correctly you have the wrong version installed or did not install it correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by neilw View Post
    Thanks for getting this fixed. Saved our butts.

I did notice that although I have the return address filled in in the config, it does not transfer to the form. It takes our default USPS acct info. Have to go into the address book and select our preset return address.

Minor thing. Did that before too. (1.3.8a)

Thanks again for the speedy work on this! When I first caught this, and then looked at the contribution log, I wasn't very confident this was going to get fixed given the date of the last update. Great community at ZenCart!
    The return address set in ZC admin does nothing, this functionality was removed as USPS no longer supports it. Update your default ship from address in your USPS address book AND profile.

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    I appreciate all of the work that is being done. One minor item that I can live with, but I want to tell everyone else.

In v1.5, by default it checks the box "ship from another zipcode". Unchecking the box just causes an error when moving to p.2. The solution seems to be to leave the box checked and fill your ekmail address in the box. Everything then works.

Regarding the lack of the config menu item, that disappeared with v.1.5 using the old app. I have lived without it and everything has worked. It would be nice to get it back, but NBD.
    1.5 is not setting it by default, either the initial install sql or in your admin prior to 1.5 it was set. If you manually edit the entry using phpmyadmin you could change it.

It would be nice if we could just click the button next to zip code instead of entering it by hand again. I have to do this 20-30 times a day
    You can, in the last one I uploaded (and the one before that) it works!

And I would REALLY LIKE to have my default Name and address fill in the FROM fields. Parts Warehouse is not what I am going for...
    See first reply, not going to happen, USPS broke the option to do so.

ver 1.3.9h
    You probably don't have the latest update I uploaded a few posts back, it's working for a lot of people, me included :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ses707 View Post
    You probably don't have the latest update I uploaded a few posts back, it's working for a lot of people, me included :)
    It is NOT working for me either. I am running 1.5, and I correctly downloaded the file that was posted a few entries above. When I install the sql patch, I get the following error: "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." I have tried to load both pasting it in, and direct uploading the file.

The result is that I do not have an menu item, and when I launch, the button "Ship from another zipcode is preselected, and the box is prefilled with "USPS_DELIVERY_OTHER_ZIPCODE" I have to erase that and put my zipcode in.

Additionally, the same text above is prepopulated into the Lbs field, Oz field and insurance field. I have to erase all of them to have it work.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    When I install the sql patch, I get the following error: "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." I have tried to load both pasting it in, and direct uploading the file.
    Please read the installation instructions:
    3. If this a new install, you might see a warning about not being able to “drop” a table. You can ignore this error. If you get "Warning An Error occured", then simply refresh the page and the SQL should work.

After the sql is done, verify you have 19 configuration settings under the Configuration->USPS Auto-fill Config admin menu.

I've seen a similar error, but it is intermittent and I am not entirely sure how to fix it. I also see server errors so I imagine that USPS is having some issues on their end too.

At any rate, a temporary workaround is to change "Default Shipping from same Zip Code" to 'Other'. Then, when you get to the USPS site simply uncheck the following checkbox: "I'm shipping from another zip code", then click Next. It's not a great solution, but appears to work for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ses707 View Post
    Ses707, can you do me a favor and download the latest copy that I posted, and make sure your latest version is there? I think it is, but there have been many posts so I can't be 100% sure :)
    Last edited by jackie.taferner; 28 Mar 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast