Plugin Contributions

"Sorry we don't accept that kind of card"

Anyone using LinkPoint from Card Services International ?? I just installed it. Using Win2003 Server / IIS 6, PHP 4.4.3 and MySql 5. Installed OpenSSL and cURL and the .pem file (digital certificate from Linkpoint). I think I got everything needed. Yet, when I tried to place a test order on the site, got the following strange error at checkout:
    "The credit card number starting with 4539 was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card.[linkpoint_api]"

I tried 2 different credit cards and I am sure I'm entering the cc number correctly.

Any ideas??
    Me think maybe it has something to do with ZONE selection in the module setup?? I am using the "none" setting (which is the default setting, i.e. I am not specifying any zones).

HELP would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.eurowimax.eu/zencart/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP: LinkPoint module generates error

After 2nd thought, the ZONE probablyhas nothing to do with the error. It looks like the error is generated by the linkpoint API, so I'm communicating OK with the gateway and the gateway is responding with that error. Since the linkpoint payment module was developed by the zencart team, I hope someone from the team will pitty me and look into this

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP: LinkPoint module generates error

"The credit card number starting with 4539 was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card.
    That is happening via the credit-card validation routine. It checks the number you entered to determine whether it's the right length, has a valid checksum, and valid date.

Are all the numbers you're testing with based on 4539 ? Try something else. What happens?
    4539 is a certain type of card. That type of card requires a certain number of digits. If it doesn't have the right number of digits, or if the checksum of those digits is invalid, you'll get the indicated error message.

You'll likely find that with all the payment modules, not just LinkPoint.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Sorry we don't accept that kind of card"

Which cards do you have activated in Admin> Configuration> Credit Cards?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Sorry we don't accept that kind of card"

Kim, that was it... and I found that fix (also by you) on another thread. I had ALL credit cards in Admin --> Configuration --> credit cards disabled (0), I enabled the ones I do accept (1) and that fixed it.
    I guess I should have searched this forum for the error before I posted this thread... but what do you expect from a newbie ??