Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Weight amount on Shopping Cart page?

How do I remove the "Weight amount" on the top of the Shopping Cart page?

It shows: Total Items: Weight: Amount:

I've removed the "Weight:" text, but how do I keep the "0lbs" from appearing, please.

Thank u

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Weight amount on Shopping Cart page?

See my reply to your other recent post, as this will allow you to find all text strings that you want to alter
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

thanks for your reply.

I tried the developers tool kit first, before I posted my orginal post here.

Can't seem to find where the weight amount is.

Plugin Contributions

Do a view source on the problem page, and you may find a variable name you can search for. Find what files use that variable, and you should be able to see where to turn off the output.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.

I tried your View Source suggestion, but couldn't remedy my request.

Can anyone else help me?

thank u

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to find things in ZEN

I'm looking for the same feature: heres a clarification on the process that was described for you very briefly above:

1-view source, for that part of the cart. in this case literally the shopping cart page
    (in firefox you can select that area and right-click-> view selection source—or having the web developer extension allows you to see straight to the css id and class designations * see next step)

2- generally the most unique part of the zen code for a specific area are the css classes the core coders have been so generous with throughout- saving who knows how much time in a zen customizer's lifetime so you will want to find ...id="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" or class="xxxxxxxxxxxxx" in the source you are viewing.

3- go to the developers toolkit, in admin under tools, then search for the id or class name from the previous step, use the bottom search box on the tookit page, and be sure to turn on the popup control that says all files catalog or all files catalog/admin

4- this will tell you which php files to look in. If you look in them you will find the variable names you want, near the unique id you used to track it down.

5- now use the developers toolkit to search the admin, or admin and catalog (set the popup to the right of the bottom search box to: all files - admin, etc. ) for the variable name from the previous step. If you pay attention to the results and do some trial and error, this search will yield the area of the admin you need to be looking in, or the file wherein resides the define that needs to be changed.

OTHER STRATEGIES 1. keep searching the forum use google search with site:zen-cart.com included

2. somewhere there is a "Reference" contribution which will run searches of the admin for things like this

3. Usually I just search the database directly with 3rd party software phpmyadmin via the hosts' cpanel if available, in particular the configuration description field of zen_configuration table, making sure its a wildcard search and this will allow me to edit
    the configuration setting directly.

= = = = =

If I come up with a straight answer I'll leave that here as well.

Plugin Contributions

You can stop trying to break the code and just turn off the display in the ADMIN.

Plugin Contributions

I thought I was describing a way (albeit long) to find the setting in the admin. I've got to work on my clarity.

Breaking the display is fun, when you do it on purpose— but how often is that?

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

It turns out that code customization portion of the link I posted earlier is out of date at least as of v1.3.5. If you haven't messed around in the php much you'll probably want to follow Kim's advice above- it's in layout settings.

If you dive into the code, to get only weight turned off, leave the other totals, make sure to learn about the overrides.
    Last edited by aardvark; 23 Sep 2006 at 12:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast