Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

1.3.2 to 1.3.5 upgrade with fresh install and old DB.

I want to make a fresh install and after this upload the DB backup into the new DB creeated for the fresh install, now... I need to know how to do this i mean the cleaning of the junk data in the actual DB, whit this for example i did install the quick updates mod, but it never work on my 1.3.2 instalation, so i do not want the modifications from this mod intoo the new one, also the exeptions table and the seo table because i want to install the updates mods for this version.

I hope you can unsderstand me and help me on this issue, since i am not a programmer y do not know where to find some stuff like this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Visit www.colombianhandcrafts.org, we are in the fair trade move!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.2 to 1.3.5 upgrade with fresh install and old DB.

Hi,
    I would also like to know if this way is good if a store has not been taken 'live.' Would the fresh install make the change of any required things to an old database (from whatever version it was created for) so entries would not have to be reentered?
    Thanks,
    Rand

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by confusedIam
    Hi,
    I would also like to know if this way is good if a store has not been taken 'live.' Would the fresh install make the change of any required things to an old database (from whatever version it was created for) so entries would not have to be reentered?
    Thanks,
    Rand
    Running zc_install/index.php with your "old" database active, will provide you with a database-upgrade button (beside the Install button), which will bring your database up to date.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much. I am off to download the newest full install to do after deleting all the old files.
    Rand

Plugin Contributions

Just out of curiosity, how in the world are you getting
    I am off to download the newest full install to do after deleting all the old files.
    from any advice on this forum. No one in this thread has even hinted at deleting old files as a start to an upgrade.

Standard advice is create a NEW directory, install newest update with new DB. Remove the new database and replace with a copy of the old DB. Run ZC_Install once more for "Database Upgrade". Either move the new cart into the live directory or redirect from the live directory to the new directory.

AFTER, AND ONLY AFTER, these are working to your satisfaction do you even THINK about deleting old files.

Plugin Contributions

Totally lost sheep!!

i'm not a programist. Please help me in these:
    my environment: windows xp; xampp for windows version 1.5.4 (with php 5.1.6, apache 2.2.3, mysql 5.0.24a-community-nt);

host=localhost;
    during the installation /not upgrade/ the zen 1.3.5 it asked for database, and after some trial attempts it could accept htdocs/mysql folder only. i can't login to the admin either.
    now i'm going to un- and re- install them again.

how can i install zen to a new directory named 'zen' in a easy way /using windows explorer not ftp, 'cos i havn't use ftp at all/.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe
    Just out of curiosity, how in the world are you getting from any advice on this forum. No one in this thread has even hinted at deleting old files as a start to an upgrade.
    Maybe I wasn't clear in the question what I wanted to do. By 'fresh install' I meant could I just install the new release (as if I had never had a store) and use an old database that was done with an earlier version so I would not have to enter all the items that was entered with an older store. The store was never live so I thought if the new fresh install would just 'update' the old database instead of having to create a new database, too, that would save me entering all the items again. I am not worried about any template changes I had done, I would rather just start over from the beginning, except the database, if that was possible. I hadn't made that many custom changes anyway.Do you mean the 'fresh install' will not update/fix/secure the old database?
    Thanks,
    Rand

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion 1.3.5

ive just accidentally installed the 1.3.5 on my localhost.
    the template site and admin pages work. lemme try to remember how it was done:
    - install xampp for windows version 1.5.4 (with php 5.1.6, apache 2.2.3, mysql 5.0.24a-community-nt)
    - unzip zen1.3.5 to xampp/htdocs/, i renamed the zen1.3.5 to simply 'zen'
    - in your internet browser type //localhost/zen/zc_install + enter
    - follow the instructions. dont change physical and virtual addresses and so on. set other features as you decide. in the 'database name' field just put 'mysql'. the process will be completed after several step onward. you can see the template site now with address: localhost/zen/index.php. it might be all, but i did the next.
    in windows explorer i made a new folder named 'zen' in xampp/mysql/data/ and copied all the files from xampp/mysql/data/mysql folder with prefix zen_ to there. After i deleted the whole zen folder in htdocs/. there i repeated the process of installing 1.3.5 again but with correction of database name into 'zen' in my case.
    its all upto now.
    next, my problem is as you noted: how to input saved files to that system that recognizes them in turn.

Plugin Contributions

I was hoping that was it but needed to comment so others would not delete possibly needed files.

Here's what will work best for you. Create a new database without structure and let the new Zc_install propagate the database. Delete the new database and put a copy of the old database in its place. Run zc_install again and do just "Database Upgrade".

That will bring the database up to 1.3.5 although you may need to do the fix at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...58&postcount=6

Plugin Contributions

Banyan,
    What version of XP are you using? If it is XP Pro, your problem could be that you have IIS running and it will fight xampp tooth and nail.

If you're running XP home, use the phpmyadmin that came with xampp to create a database for your cart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast