Plugin Contributions

Default Can this be done?

Been lurking around here for a bit. Just got ZenCart installed on my server, seems to be working fine so far, althought it's not live to my customers yet, so we'll see. I'm in the middle of a website redesign and want the new ZenCart store to integrate tightly with the website design. Here is what I would like my store to look like:
    http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/pics/store.jpg

My question is: Is this design do-able within ZenCart? If the answer to that is yes, how intense would coding that be? I'm familiar with CSS and PHP, but I'm not super experienced with either. I can usually hack my way through modifying stuff (phpbb and wordpress for example) but this design is a little more involved than what I usually do. Anyway, your input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Grail

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can this be done?

First things first: Yes this look/style is attainable with ZenCart. Can not determime the functions of your nav links from a pic?? So how hard remains a mystery.

Secondly, as many here attempt this, they have an aversion to scrapping their curent html, xhtml or what ever page.. You need to get your head around using the cart as your main page and managing products and content from it.

There are many reasons for this, session control being one. As a php serverside script there are security issues that we all take seriously.

You can approach this in several ways, one being setting the functions to operate how you want first and style later, another being style first then work the functions out, and one that I do not recommend is trying to style and create the functions at the same time. The first is what I recommend as this will let you know if the cart will do the things that you want/expect before you invest too much in design/style. Plenty of time to style it later if it meets your basic functionality requirements.

Zen Cart is now mostly css/div based so if you are familiar with this you know the extensibility of this in design, so that anything within the rules is possible. If you are a table type of designer, this will be a departure for you but one that you probably should take.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can this be done?

That was very enlightening I like the first choice as well!
    Tony