Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Certificate Order with no Gift Certificate?

I have this weird thing happening, and it's only happened to one guy so far......but it's happened to him twice with two separate orders.

I get the invoice, and everything appears fine....except the system says it's a Gift Certificate payment, when in reality, it pays with a credit card.

It happened once, so I manually ran his CC info to get the money.

It then happened again, and I am going to have to do the same as above. When I contacted him about it, he placed a third, smaller order to see if that would go through, and this time it did.

The only difference I see between the order that went through and the order that didn't is that his shipping address was different. So unless there is something triggering weird behavior in his shipping address, I am looking for a possible explanation from the experts!

Here is a screenshot of the order for you to see what is happening:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/images/weird.jpg

Keep in mind that no payment is received on this order. It says that there is a balance, but their info is never run through LinkPoint, our CC gateway processor. If I didn't catch this, we would have shipped the info out and never got payment for it.

The black censored areas are just the person's name, email address, discount code (for 10% off), and phone number.
    - Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate Order with no Gift Certificate?

What version of Zen Cart ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    What version of Zen Cart ?
    The latest: 1.3.5

It hasn't happened except for those two times, and both instances happened with the same guy. I just can't figure out what may have happened. At first I thought, "What if it's something screwy like having an apostrophe in the Company Name of the delivery address"....but I haven't tested that out.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

This just happened again with ANOTHER customer....different from the first. The order says it was paid with a Gift Certificate/Coupon, but there is a huge balance of over $200 left that we never got paid for.

Any ideas?
    - Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you using coupons or gift certificates for any reason that you couldn't (for now at least) turn the feature off ?
    ... Admin->Modules->Order Total ... and remove the ot_coupon and/or ot_gv options.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, we have one main coupon that is used CONSTANTLY to always give 10% off the shopping cart contents. Disabling it would be out of the question, since we'd our customers would send a tidal wave of responses that their discount coupon isn't working.

And this problem has only happened three times (in comparison to the HUNDREDS of orders that we've gotten since the upgrade). So it's not THAT much of a pressing issue. I just wanted to bring it up here and log it down, in case someone else runs across it.

If it happens again, I will update this thread. Thanks Dr. Byte.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Re: Gift Certificate Order with no Gift Certificate?

It happened again. New customer and a big order.....which I now have to call the guy, get his credit card info, and manually run it through by hand. I am attaching another screenshot.

Any ideas yet why this continually is happening to people?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    - Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Do you use Gift Certificates for any reason? If not, let's at least turn "those" off, but leave coupons available.
    Admin->Modules->Order Total->ot_gv ... remove

Do you have any tracking system like User Tracking installed, with which we could inspect the customer's browsing activity?

What contributions/addons/mods do you have installed on your site?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Do you have any coupons other than your single 10%-off coupon? Are there any"inactive" coupons offering something other than 10% off ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Do you use Gift Certificates for any reason? If not, let's at least turn "those" off, but leave coupons available.
    Admin->Modules->Order Total->ot_gv ... remove
    Yes, we do use gift certificates occassionally. Not daily as we do with our 10% coupon, but when people want to return something, we issue them store credit (gift certificate) to purchase with. Turning this off altogether can cause complaints when trying to make purchases (unless there is an other alternative to using gift certificates).

Do you have any tracking system like User Tracking installed, with which we could inspect the customer's browsing activity?
    If that is some separate mod, then no.

What contributions/addons/mods do you have installed on your site?
    Let's see....we have the Sales Report, Easy Populate (for froogle feeds), SEFU, Testimonial mod, Database Backup Mod, and I believe that's it.
    - Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast