Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS buttons v2.x

I've applied the fix a few posts above, but all of my "submit" buttons aren't transforming.

Perhaps I've missed something, can you give me a tip on where to look if all submit buttons are not working? I do have the "Configuration", "Layout Settings", "Css Buttons" turned on.

http://www.applezen.sagefish.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    I've applied the fix a few posts above, but all of my "submit" buttons aren't transforming.

Perhaps I've missed something, can you give me a tip on where to look if all submit buttons are not working? I do have the "Configuration", "Layout Settings", "Css Buttons" turned on.

http://www.applezen.sagefish.com
    Nevermind, I figured it out, I didn't hide this line in html_output.php:

if (strtolower(IMAGE_USE_CSS_BUTTONS) == 'yes' && strlen($alt)<30) return zenCssButton($image, $alt, 'submit', $sec_class /*, $parameters = ''*/ );

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it!

Sawhorse

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sawhorse View Post
    Glad you got it!
    Me too

Plugin Contributions

Just a few queries concerning the 1.38.a installation of this module:

A. Do any files in cssbuttons_2-6-4\extras need to be transfered, and if so where to - extras\, admin\includes\, includes\?

I gather the html_output-138.php corresponds to that in includes\functions, however, WinMerge reports this file using different carriage returns compared to normal. Is this an issue.

B. Clarity required in readme-admin.txt
    4) Copy file
    1 files is added, none overwritten (unless you are upgrading an older css buttons version maybe)
    Copy the contents of the admin dir included in the css_buttons zipfile to your shop admin directory.

There are 2 files is the admin section and I have uploaded both. But am I missing something here?

4) Changes to (admin\includes\functions\) html_output.php

I gather this last point should be 5)?

C. Clarity required in includes\templates\MyTemplate\css\stylesheet_css_buttons.css reads
    Line 9 reads
    background: #b00 !important; /* !important to retain the background color after auto form field coloring fix */

Why is it important to retain the background color and what is the auto form field coloring fix.

Can I not change #b00 to a color of my choice?

D. Having installed the mod, I tried to changed the font and background color schemes to Red on White (normal) and White on Red (hover), however, while the background color changes, the font color always stays Black for both normal and hover regardless of the multitude of things I have tried.

TIA

Plugin Contributions

A. Do any files in cssbuttons_2-6-4\extras need to be transfered, and if so where to - extras\, admin\includes\, includes\?
    There is no need. I mainly included those files for (my own) convenience. If the usage is unclear it's better not to use those files.

B. Clarity required in readme-admin.txt
    4) Copy file
    1 files is added, none overwritten (unless you are upgrading an older css buttons version maybe)
    Copy the contents of the admin dir included in the css_buttons zipfile to your shop admin directory.

There are 2 files is the admin section and I have uploaded both. But am I missing something here?
    Looks like I did it again... An older version included only one admin file, and it looks like I have not updated the readme-admin.txt accordingly

4) Changes to (admin\includes\functions\) html_output.php

I gather this last point should be 5)?

Clarity required in includes\templates\MyTemplate\css\stylesheet_css_buttons.css reads
    Line 9 reads
    background: #b00 !important; /* !important to retain the background color after auto form field coloring fix */

Why is it important to retain the background color and what is the auto form field coloring fix.
    Ouch. It is related to a fix to undo a google toolbar feature that has (or had?) the annoying habit of changing the background of form fields to yellow under certain circumstances. I have forgotten the details of the fix, but you can safely change the color to you likings.
    (!important does not mean it's necessarily important, but it makes the style override other styles, including in document and inline styles)

D. Having installed the mod, I tried to changed the font and background color schemes to Red on White (normal) and White on Red (hover), however, while the background color changes, the font color always stays Black for both normal and hover regardless of the multitude of things I have tried.
    Strange. Maybe you have conflicting styles in another stylesheet? An url might help.

Plugin Contributions

I'm about to add this CSS mod to my website, and have been reading everything. I found the exchange with Sawhorse very informative, and love her CSS buttons!

My question is this. I just installed the Security Patch on my site as instructed with the changes recommended in the html_output.php

I'm assuming this CSS Mod was done before that, unless the patch is already in the html_output.php Otherwise, I'm going to have to make changes on the one already there or loose the security patch.

I'm anxious to get started! I just thought this would be something else to add to your list!

Thanks! I have two small sites to add CSS to, and will be sure to donate for this.
    Sandy
    Sandy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kachinas View Post
    My question is this. I just installed the Security Patch on my site as instructed with the changes recommended in the html_output.php

I'm assuming this CSS Mod was done before that, unless the patch is already in the html_output.php Otherwise, I'm going to have to make changes on the one already there or loose the security patch.
    Just to let you know the Security Patch has no effect on this mod. It should work just fine. It does on my site.

PS. Thanks for the complement on my CSS buttons.

Sawhorse

Plugin Contributions

I have three very small new ecommerce sites, and decided to try to the CSS mod to the smallest site first. I was
    thrilled to see that at least the category portion seems to have loaded fine.

I have one free download product to see if the css buttons worked through checkout. However, in going through checkout, there was one extremely long button that pushed the page alignment out completely. It said
    "Change your Quantity by highlighting the number in the box, correcting the quantity and clicking this button"

I thought I saw this question in the forum, but never saw an answer, so I combed the archives, and looked through button_names, etc, and can't locate it.

I even tried to enter the phrase in the developers tool kit, but nothing. The only other problem is that the Download button isn't long enough for the "Download" text. I sure would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks so much. The buttons are such an improvement!

Sandy

Plugin Contributions

Try these locations:

/includes/languages/english/[MY TEMPLATE]/icon_names.php
    /includes/tempates/[MY TEMPLATE]/css/stylesheet_css_buttons.css
    /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/[MY TEMPLATE]/css_buttons_popups.php

Sawhorse

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast