Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Archive Manager

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    I'm having some weirdness with this contrib too... is it simply not compatible with 1.5.4?

When I tried resending an email, it throws these errors (which means nothing to me):
    Code:
    22-Nov-2015 20:00:15 MST] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_TO_NAME' in /home/smartiep/public_html/shop/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 99
    [22-Nov-2015 20:00:15 MST] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_TO_ADDRESS' in /home/smartiep/public_html/shop/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 100
    [22-Nov-2015 20:00:15 MST] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_SUBJECT' in /home/smartiep/public_html/shop/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 101
    [22-Nov-2015 20:00:15 MST] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_FROM_NAME' in /home/smartiep/public_html/shop/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 102
    [22-Nov-2015 20:00:15 MST] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS' in /home/smartiep/public_html/shop/includes/functions/functions_email.php on line 103
    I tried looking up that vague "illegal string offset" error and it typically has something to do with treating a string like an array, but when I look at those lines there's no array magic going on at all?!?

This isn't my only issue. Previewing in HTML shows me nothing. I *must* preview in text to see anything. My admin is set to HTML, if that matters.

I suspect the two above problems are related since the error-throwing code chunk has something to do with the html block for sending an email.
    Did you ever fix this problem?

I have the same problem and same log entries with V155b and email_archive_manager_1-7b_zc1.5 when resending HTML emails.

I receive this (only a few lines shown) when I try to resend the confirmation email (similar problem with resend of "password forgotten" email and probably others);
    $EMAIL_SUBJECT
    ihtml_ _head_ _meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /_ _base href="http://localhost:8080/zencart155b/catalog/" /_ _style type="text/css"_ body {background-color:#ffffff; color:#000000; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align:center;} a:link {color:#000099;} a:hover {background-color:#eeeecc; color:#0066cc;} a:visited {color:#0066cc;} .holder {background-color:#f9f9f9; border:1px solid #9a9a9a; font-size:9px; text-align:left; width:550px;} .header {font-size:10px; padding:0px; width:550px;} .content {font-size:14px; color:#000099;..........
    When I resend an email that was created using the Zen Cart tool "send email" it is different but still not 100% correct; the first part is corrupt (see image) then it continues as usual with "dear sir" and what follows is as normal. As you see the logos are not shown, this is OK I have remote content blocked.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to say that when I want to resend an email I first see a preview with a question "do I really want to send", this preview is OK, it is in text format not HTML.

Plugin Contributions

Just noticed the very last part (disclaimer) of the incorrectly shown HTML email is shown as normal; I mean this
    </div>
    <div class="disclaimer">
    <div class="disclaimer1">$EMAIL_DISCLAIMER</div>
    <div class="disclaimer2">$EMAIL_SPAM_DISCLAIMER</div>
    </div>

Plugin Contributions

A fix for the warnings this module spits out:

Code:
    diff -b email_archive_manager.php ~/Desktop/email_archive_manager_1-7b_zc1.5/admin/email_archive_manager.php 
    33d32
    <     if($email->email_html == 'HTML disabled in admin') $email->email_html = array();
    Hope it helps.

Plugin Contributions

Given that the HTML is defanged before storage, does it make sense anymore to have a VIEW HTML button? In fact, should we even bother storing the HTML anymore?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Email Archive Manager users: I have been given clearance by Dr. Byte to proceed on this change. I'll get it done in the next couple of weeks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Given that the HTML is defanged before storage, does it make sense anymore to have a VIEW HTML button? In fact, should we even bother storing the HTML anymore?
    Just came across this... but I didn't know this wasn't suppose to work!! I think I tweet the replacement code a bit some time back, but it works for me in viewing the html format that was sent.. Works good to view the sent email after modifying using the common email styling mod too.

True... we can use a WYSIWYG editor for creating or editing the html templates and send one to ourself, but when you get a complaint that the customer didn't get something, how else do you confirmed it wasn't an error in the email or your system!
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

The plain text email is still preserved.

Plugin Contributions

The plain text email is still preserved.
    Would it be the plain text email or the html email with the html tags removed? Ideally they should have the same content, but not always so...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Email Archive Manager users: I have been given clearance by Dr. Byte to proceed on this change. I'll get it done in the next couple of weeks.
    Let me clarify my perspective:
    a) I haven't used this module in several years. I wasn't aware that anything in it was "broken".
    b) If storage and viewing of HTML messages is entirely broken, then I'm not opposed to removing the feature for re-viewing stored HTML messages. If the content has been "defanged" as scott stated, then there's no point in viewing raw altered html.

c) But if there are certain cases where the HTML re-view does indeed work, then let's not pull the trigger on removing the feature if it's still in use.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast