I am upgrading an old Zen installation from 1.4 to 1.3.5 and what a fun game this is
I have a lot of it working - my processes so far have been
1. Back up everything
2. make sure I have backed up everything (files and DB)
3. create a new folder on server called shop2
4. Create new database on server and import data/tables etc from current db to the new one.
5. Upload new download of 1.3.5
6. change config files to look in new folder and look at new database.
7. CHMODed the relavent files and folders
8. Run the zc_install and choose "upgrade database" route.
9. Check the box to go from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5
10. checked server information in shp2/admin and it now says
Zen Cart 1.3.5
Database Patch Level: 1.2.5
v1.2.5 [2005-07-29 11:34:55] (Version Update 1.2.4->1.2.5)
v1.2.4 [2005-03-24 15:48:31] (Fresh Installation)
11. back into zc_install and choose 1.2.5 to 1.2.6
12. back to admin and get the same message
13. Tried it a few more times and got bored. I headed off to start updating the templates and the CSS (and some admin settings) to get the look of the site back in line with the old one.
14. went back to zc_install to give it another bash but every time it runs the update, there are a few errors, but I read that this is normal.
I still get the same server database patch message. What am I doing wrong??
The front end of the new site is looking good and the products are there etc, but they are not in the Catalog listings in the admin. So I asume this is to do with the database not being up to the level of the current Zen installation. Hopefully this will get sorted when I can get the upgrade database bit working.
Please help :)