Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Image Borders and Tables in 1.3.5

I am struggling with updating from 1.2.7 to 1.3.5. Been steadily working on this for seven months and thought before I expended any more time tweaking 1.2.7 that I'd better upgrade to 1.3.5. What a headache! I've been wandering in the wilderness over this upgrade for the last month, and I've spent the last three days seaching the threads for the answers to two questions but to no avail.

How do I turn off the annoying borders around all my images? There's even a border around my company name/logo. I don't see the option on Admin/Images.

Now all the products line up in one column to the far left where they once displayed three to a row. From other threads I've determined that all the tables were dropped out of the 1.3.5 version, I suppose for some security reason of which I am ignorant. So now the only way to get the products to display as they once did is to teach myself how to create a CSS-styled data table -- is that correct?

Frustration level is to the point where I want to ditch the entire upgrade. Help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Borders and Tables in 1.3.5

add this to your stylesheet (which should be there already)
    a img {border: none;}

That will take away the borders.

And download the Column Layout mod from the downloads area to fix the columns.

Hope that helps.
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TinaS
    add this to your stylesheet (which should be there already)
    a img {border: none;}

That will take away the borders.
    This is for the stylesheet.php that is in Admin/Includes, right?

When I add the above to my stylesheet and FTP it to the server nothing changes. There are no image tags in the original stylesheet code that I'm seeing. I put the code you suggested in right after:

a,body,html,table{
    font:normal normal 11px Verdana,sans-serif;
    }

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

You want not the admin stylesheet but this one:

includes/templates/your_template/css/stylesheet.css.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you both. The borders around the images are gone and the images are lining up three to a row (without having to download the tables module).

But now my color scheme is wiped out and has been replaced with a bright pink, flesh and brown motif (ugh!) and all the content is pushed out to the top, bottom and side borders.

When I compare my old stylesheet in my custom template folder with the new one, it's almost like comparing apples and oranges, the changes are so profound. I tried to control the bottom border by adding the old code:

margin-bottom: 10px;

to the

body {

delinator and tested it out by FTPing it to the server but nothing changed. I also tried to change the body background color but after saving and FTPing the file to the custom template folder, the change didn't take.

I am so frustrated. My progress through this upgrade feels like one step forward and two steps back.

Plugin Contributions

It appears that you are trying to "drop" your old custom template into a 1.3 shopping cart which is not going to work.

The fact that you are defaulting to template default says there is something weird going on, either you didn't create a template_info.php in your custom template or you haven't turned it on in the admin.

Maybe you can give us a URL to see what's going on and help you a little more ?
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

Here's the URL for the 1.3.5:
    http://www.holymtn.com/catalog/index...ain_page=index

I've been working with the new stylesheet to make it look more like my original in 1.2.7:
    http://www.holymtn.com/Zen_Cart/1.2....ain_page=index

Right now I'm working on three problems which can been seen in this screen capture:
    http://www.holymtn.com/catalog/3problems.jpg

1. At the top navigation bar it says BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL where it should say "All Products". I've found instances where BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL using the Developer's Toolkit but can't figure out how to fix it.

2. In the Search Box it says HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT where it should be blank. When you click on the box, HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT disappears but every time I go to a new page, it's back in the Search Box again.

3. I am trying to update the Conditions info but it keeps coming up blank. I remember in 1.2.7 there were two ways to enter info into the Conditions page. I originally blanked out one of them (put blank space in place of the text) and used the other to post on that page. Apparently in 1.3.5 there is only one way to update the Conditions page. I am using the Define Pages Editor to put copy in and FTPed it to my template_custom folder several times but it doesn't seem "take".

My fourth, major problem is that whenever I try to test the "Welcome Guest" sign-in or to take the shopping cart to checkout status, I get the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: zen_js_zone_list() in /usr2/home/rae/www/catalog/includes/modules/pages/login/jscript_addr_pulldowns.php on line 35

Plugin Contributions

I am using the Define Pages Editor to put copy in and FTPed it to my template_custom folder several times but it doesn't seem "take".
    The define page info is stored in the database not in the template files. You need to use the define pages editor in the admin of your 1.3.5 version of your site
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I was able to add borders to the sideboxes and main picture using firefox w/web dev plugin but I was not able to border the text under the image as it is in your original site.........Tables, damn tables. Looks like you just cut and pasted from your old site.
    I would kill the tables and div and class each section so that they can be addressed in the stylesheet.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57
    The define page info is stored in the database not in the template files. You need to use the define pages editor in the admin of your 1.3.5 version of your site
    Thank you so much, barco57. This helped me figure out that I had forgotten that I previously had "0"ed out Conditions of Use on my Define Page Status area of Admin. Now that I've changed the status to "1" everything displays correctly for that page of the catalog. Appreciate your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast