Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't Log Onto Admin?

First things first, thanks to everyone whose helped me get this far.

Now onto my latest problem, with a little disclaimer upfront. Technology isn't my strongest suit, so bare with me if I explain something wrong, or don't understand something.

I just installed Zen and everything looks fine. I go to get into the admin area of my account and I keep getting an error saying that the "server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request".

I dunno if the configure files might have anything to do with that. Once your done the install, it says to turn two seperate configure files to "read only". I dunno if they are set right, so that might be the problem also.

Thanks a ton.

Jose'

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't Log Onto Admin?

What kind of server are you on, can you supply a URL? Also, did you do a file compare to make sure all of your admin files are in place online?

You could always post the contents of your includes/configure.php for someone to take a look at your configuration. Just make sure to omit your d/b, username/password.

You could also try to temporarily omit the .htaccess files in admin to see if that will grant you access.

Plugin Contributions

Heh, I'll try my best with these questions.

"What kind of server are you on"

Our account is through GoDaddy. I called them up about the server because they had to change it from Windows to Linux in order to enable PHP.

"Also, did you do a file compare to make sure all of your admin files are in place online"

When I log in through my FTP (which is Filezilla) it looks as if all my files are in the right place. I wasn't sure if I installed it correct initially, so I even went back through the whole install procedure again. My shopping area is in a folder I created called 'cart', then in 'cart' it has all the folders starting with 'admin', and ending with 'zc_install'.

I noticed on the final page of the install, where it says to take you to your store or log into the admin area, the admin area links to /cart/admin/index.php. I checked through filezilla to make sure that file existed and it certainly does.

I went ahead and opened the configure file you were talking about, made sure to delete all the sensitive information and pasted it as follows...

<?php
    /**
    * @package Configuration Settings
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    */

// Define the webserver and path parameters
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg, http://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg, https://www.yourdomain.com
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.blackhatcreations.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.blackhatcreations.com');

// Use secure webserver for checkout procedure?
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/cart/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/cart/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/content/---------------------');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'uploads/');
    define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_UPLOADS);
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'mysql215.secureserver.net');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '-------------');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '-------------');
    define('DB_DATABASE', '---------');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // use 'db' for best support, or '' for file-based storage

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/content/----------------------------');

There are two areas that both say /home/content/. These files were followed by other files which looked a lot like my username, which is why I didn't include them. When I went into filezilla to double check to make sure the files were there, I couldn't find them, not even the 'home' folder. I mght have not been looking in the right area, but there really isnt' much on my server, so I dunno.

And I'm not sure what you mean by omit the .htaccess file. I'll tinker around with it while I'm waiting for a response.

Thanks again.

Jose'

Plugin Contributions

Weird. Now I'm getting a different error. I don't think I did anything, but definately weird.

When I try to access the admin page, I get the following.....

Warning: main(/home/content/-------------/cart/includes/classes/class.currencies.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/-------------/cart/admin/includes/init_includes/init_database.php on line 12

Warning: main(/home/content/------------------/cart/includes/classes/class.currencies.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/-------------------/cart/admin/includes/init_includes/init_database.php on line 12

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/content/----------------/cart/includes/classes/class.currencies.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/--------------------/cart/admin/includes/init_includes/init_database.php on line 12

I dunno. I'll leave it alone before I screw it up worse then it already is.

Thanks again

Jose'

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jose'... I took a look see in the storefront and it looks as if the language file isn't there or something along those lines. All of your headings look as if they aren't defined.

Your configuration appears ok, but I'm no expert. Maybe someone else can point out a deficiency.

Firstly, can you verify if that class.currencies.php does exist in your /includes/classes/ folder ?

Plugin Contributions

I looked through Filezilla and I don't see the file. I see a currencies.php, but not a class.currencies.php. There are some class files there, just not that one.

I appreciate this.

Jose'

*edit*

I'm making a backup of everything and doing a clean install from scratch. We'll see what happens.

Plugin Contributions

Something is definitely not right. 1.3.5 doesn't have that file, nor 1.3.2 .

Line 12 of init_database.php; require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'cache.php');
    $zc_cache = new cache;

.... =

I wish success upon the fresh install for you.

Plugin Contributions

Ya, thanks. I'll keep you guys posted. Take it easy and have a nice weekend.

Jose'

Plugin Contributions

You're welcome. I'll keep tabs on your progress. Have a great weekend too, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

With as much time as I've dumped into this (the past couple of days if you include looking for a shopping cart and such), I really wanted to get something done tonight. I'm glad to say the clean install worked like a charm.

I imagine I'm not done asking questions, so you guys won't get rid of me that easy, but I really appreciate everyone's help with this. Thanks a ton Sketchy, seriously. Even though I had to re-install, it's nice to know someone cares.

Take it easy folks.

Jose'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast