Thread: adding to css

Plugin Contributions

Default adding to css

Hi all

You know the define main page, page 2,3,4 etc etc, well mine do not apear to have a style, this is defined inside the define pages, however I wuld like to add a style to it that makes the font type, size, colour the same accross the board.

Though I have learned much about css, I am not entirely sure how to go about doing this.

My site was designed by taking the purpletemplate and changing the colours, more or less using it as a base and changing it completely, now I have replicated the entire template folder to have 2, one in blue and one in plum, but I have noticed that the define pages fnt colour is the same on both, so figure the easiest way is to have it change with css, then I can simply define it in there.

Can anyone help on this please.

Thanks alot.
    My only addon is Gallery addon and can be seen here breezy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: adding to css

As far as I am aware of, each of these is a separate class; in the case of the shpping information this is #shippingInfo. The following would be found or added to your style sheet if you wanted the text to be green:
    Code:
    #shippingInfo {
    color: #006633;
    }
    If you do not have FireFox and the web developers tools I suggest that you get them downloaded and installed as this will allow you to determine the class for all of these pages.

In addition, The html editor in the admin will allow styling each page and line of text as you want and as these in general are not ones that you would change frequently this might be the better option.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I think I have just worked out that though much of the code may have a class set to it, it may not always be a class thats inside the css, and that simply adding that class makes it use the css.

Took me a while but I assume I am right in that assumption, since I keep seing classes but nothing in the css that relates to it.

Thats kinda cool actually.

Can someone give me one little piece of help

IT I havs a simple table in a document, as below, where would I manually assign a class to it to enable me to add that class to a css page? So here we have a simple table, empty, but lets say I want to enable css on this table to setup a border, the font type face, colour etc, hw would this table html look when the class was added?

<table width="20%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Plugin Contributions

Your finding is correct and I thought that I referenced this but may not have placed enough emphasis on it with:
    The following would be found or added
    You will actually need to know that there are classes and ID's.
    Classes( . ) are used to apply to a group of items that you want to look the same.
    ID's( # ) are for specific items that you might want to style separately.

I can not bring myself to comment on tables...

You could try
    #someID { or
    .someClass {
    background-color:#FFFFFF;
    color: #000000;
    width: 20%;
    position:relative;
    left:20px
    }
    and/or other styling things as float, forward, back etc
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have to say you guys and gals are wonderfull. I have never had such good support from any forum than on this one, the osc one is nothing compared to this one.

In regards yur reply, your example gave me the answer I was looking for, as I said I am learning about css, and up to now figured out using ff how to see the class, and thus how to change it, however where I saw an ID and no class I was a little baffled.

Now I realise a class is setup as

.classname {}

and an id is setup as

#idname {}

So now I can do it all, and in the last 5 mins have managed to get all the alignment issues resolved with complete perfection, thank you so much.