Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default migrated 1.3.5 installation >> blank page

i just migrated the installation of 1.3.5 i've been working on to a virtual dedicated server. all i get is a completely blank page. no errors, nothing to say, "look, you f*d up here".

/etc/php.ini >> safe_mode=register_globals=off #ok so it's not exactly this syntax

PHP 5.0.4,

i know zc doesnt support this version yet but a blank page? sheesh.

oh yeah MySQL 4.1.20

anyone got any pointers? should i go back to my old school host? or dump zen cart in favor of the new pretty girl in town called miva...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: migrated 1.3.5 installation >> blank page

blank pages are usually caused by:
    - syntax problems in code files
    - syntax problems in language files ... ie: extra ' marks or missing ) or ; marks
    - sometimes unexpected blank lines at beginning of files

server errorlogs usually tell more information about what exactly is causing the problem

troubleshooting steps include:
    - double-checking all files for errors http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    - double-checking that all files uploaded properly (ie: no FTP timeouts etc)
    - proper permissions settings on all files/folders
    - turning off custom templates to see if the problem is isolated to a given template's files
    - etc

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

dr. byte, thanks for the reply.

...appears to be a db conn problem. at least, i'm getting the nddbc.html page to show up , better than nothing.

if in config.php no port# is specified for db name = localhost, yet MySQL 4.1.20 says the db is running on server localhost:[port] as [db_user]@localhost

will the port # be required? if so, db name doesnt like 'localhost:'.[port] either.

is the php 5.* db object very much different from 4.*?

or is the nddbc.html showing up possibly a symptom of another problem? i would grep httpdocs but am having issues with su - acct

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

if your server port is not the standard 3306, then yes you'll need to add it to localhost

PHP5 and PHP4 don't normally require any differences as far as Zen Cart configuration is concerned, unless you have some non-typical configurations on your server

This post might be worth noting: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46946

Did you introduce a typo in one of the files you changed during your move?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Switch_Servers

Did your FTP experience any timeouts?

What was the result of your file-comparison while following this guide?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    if your server port is not the standard 3306, then yes you'll need to add it to localhost

PHP5 and PHP4 don't normally require any differences as far as Zen Cart configuration is concerned, unless you have some non-typical configurations on your server

This post might be worth noting: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46946

Did you introduce a typo in one of the files you changed during your move?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Switch_Servers

Did your FTP experience any timeouts?

What was the result of your file-comparison while following this guide?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    already tried localhost:3306 >> no go

nothing that simple as solution so far... although i think it'll turn out to be so. db conn error for sure, not to phpbb (was disabled)

filezilla's log gave no errors.

tried recreating the db, uid, pwd >> no avail

i get the error

0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [delete from db_cache]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

no php 5* support in zc , not the issue ?

i'll keep searching, really need a solution by tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you able to do a "fresh install" of Zen Cart to this server?

If so, then start there. Then the database can be imported separately and then your customizations added afterward.

Plugin Contributions

actually that's the first step i tried, using a plesk skeleton package... then tried ftp without compression, same result (blank page).

grep open_basedir php.ini may have the solution - i found an error log entry

[client IP] PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bmz_gif_info.class.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/arbor/httpdocs:/tmp) in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/arbor/httpdocs/includes/classes/bmz_image_handler.class.php on line 12

if you know what open basedir val should be, please throw me some rope! but i'll keep looking regardless

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by neuzen
    File(/bmz_gif_info.class.php) is not within the allowed path(s)

/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/arbor/httpdocs/includes/classes/bmz_image_handler.class.php on line 12
    The problem is not with your open-base-dir restrictions.
    Your problem is that /bmz_gif_info.class.php refers to the root of your server. The hard-coded path appears to be your problem.

Perhaps you've misconfigured something with image-handler.

Perhaps de-installing it might be a smart starting-point...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

oh, and to clarify, when I said "fresh install", I meant an install of Zen Cart after freshly unzipping the file supplied by Zen Cart. Not with any addons added, such as Image Handler.

Plugin Contributions

actually i changed nothing with image handler... except commented out the donation form!

the only files i changed for migration was the config files.

hey byte, you ever sleep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast