Page 179 of 394 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3932
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)

My problem was my htaccess file was just a bit too strict. I searched google checkout groups for the right way to set it but didn't find it. So now I'll search here. If I don't find it here then I'll just have to figure it all out and post I'll post it here and in it's own post so that it can be found in and out of this thread.

To be honest I really think this thread is too big to be of any use. But I'll continue to add what I learn to it anyway.

Thanks,

JP

Plugin Contributions

Hoooo Kay,

So if I use the htaccess.php file that is included in the download, even though it's for php over CGI wont that still work?

It creates the following for two files.

.htaccess file: <<<Start--- AuthName "Google checkout Basic Authentication" AuthType Basic AuthUserFile /home/**********/public_html/googlecheckout/

Where *********** is the user directory

.htpasswd require valid-user ---End>>>

.htpasswd file: <<<Start--- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:#############. ---End>>>

Where !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the GC account number and ########### is the GC key.

Will the two above file work just as well even though I'm not using php over cgi but straight php?

Plugin Contributions

Anyone know how to implement a 'how did you hear about us' on the checkout proccess?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Can someone tell me whats wrong with my google checkout module? It's not getting any real rates from USPS. It keeps getting my default rates( I put them high on purpose)

USPS has added me.

Is it a setting, is it google?

This is the error I get in my intergration section on google checkout site

Your server returned no data in its response; Checkout requires data of type merchant-calculation-results in response to merchant-calculation-callback

see for yourself

http://www.wiipeddler.com - choose the nunchuck accessory this is the only one without free shipping

Estimating shipping works 100%
    Do you have the USPS shipping module installed and configured? I went to your site, added some items to the cart and I don't even see the 'shipping estimator' button.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by birdoasis View Post
    Hoooo Kay,

So if I use the htaccess.php file that is included in the download, even though it's for php over CGI wont that still work?

It creates the following for two files.

.htaccess file: <<<Start--- AuthName "Google checkout Basic Authentication" AuthType Basic AuthUserFile /home/**********/public_html/googlecheckout/

Where *********** is the user directory

.htpasswd require valid-user ---End>>>

.htpasswd file: <<<Start--- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:#############. ---End>>>

Where !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the GC account number and ########### is the GC key.

Will the two above file work just as well even though I'm not using php over cgi but straight php?
    Are you sure you need the .htaccess at all? I thought that functionality was only added to accommodate the cgi folks. I know I don't have the .htaccess file in my site.

Plugin Contributions

Couple of questions, first, by reading some of the previous posts, I gather the current GC 1.4 alpha will be released sometime next week ready to be used on a live shop, is this correct?
    I really don't like dealing with alpha releases and that's why I haven't tested it.

My second question, does anyone know what I need to change to include the products model in the GC cart?
    I have lots of items and some of them have the exact same name/description the only way to differentiate is by item number (model).
    Currently the mod passes the product id, but it's not vey user friendly for the merchant, not useful at all for the customer to determine what they ordered, especially when they order dozens of items.

Currently, the item info is passed and shows something like this:
    Silver Ring
    ID - 35789
    Silver Ring
    ID - 38456
    Silver Chain
    ID - 39456

I would prefer that the product's model be passed as part of the item-name tag or in the merchant-item-id tag, so that an item would show in the GC cart something like:
    Item #SR9510 Silver Ring
    ID - 35789

or
    Silver Ring
    Item #SR9510

Thanks for any input on this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    Do you have the USPS shipping module installed and configured? I went to your site, added some items to the cart and I don't even see the 'shipping estimator' button.

I disabled it, it wasnt working and noone could give me a reason so rather than risk sales, I disabled it

the estimator works 100%, but google can't get the rates

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    Couple of questions, first, by reading some of the previous posts, I gather the current GC 1.4 alpha will be released sometime next week ready to be used on a live shop, is this correct?
    Ropu has stated he will strive for an updated "stable" 1.4 release by end of the month. But in reality it will be a "beta" version and the beta will be ready when it is ready. And that means it will ready sooner when enough merchants test the current version and provide feedback. I have current v1.4-alpha2 running on a live shop. I have posted some of my observations on the new 1.4 support forum.

BTW this thread is for 1.3. Please post v1.4 related questions in the new mod support forum, including any "wishlist" items. The mod developer(s) are no longer actively reading this forum.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chain_man View Post
    Are you sure you need the .htaccess at all? I thought that functionality was only added to accommodate the cgi folks. I know I don't have the .htaccess file in my site.
    You should protect the logs no matter what.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Zinfandel View Post
    Believe me, I'd keep looking myself but this superhero is cross-eyed already.
    As far as I have tested the freeshipper issue appears repaired in v1.4. But maybe your super-hero cross-eyed status will remain an issue